Repeating Group - Displaying lists for auction

Hi,

I’m developing an auction application where users can bid for an item. Users should be able to submit a bid price and also submit the quantity of the item they want to purchase (different from usual auction sites).

I need to be able to show in a repeating group what the current bids are, their quantity, and by who (in descending order). I’ve structured the data so that bids are a list of numbers (and I’m pulling through the max value to show the highest bid), bidders (list of users). The issue is I can’t pull the necessary data through to the repeating group because they are lists.

Is there a way for me to pull through the bid price, quantity and bidder in a repeating group? If so, how can i do this?

Thanks!

Found a solution!

For ‘Assets’ listed for auction keep the data field: ‘bids’ (list of numbers)

New Data type: Asset Bid
New Data fields:

• Bid Price
  • Bid Quantity
  • Bid value = bid quantity value * Bid price value
  • Asset = Current page’s Asset (or item for other use cases)

This above information is created upon a bid submission. The Bid price value is also added to the ‘Bids’ Data field list. This is used to find the ‘Bids:max’ to show the highest current bid.

Then use a repeating group. Search for ‘Asset Bid’, conditions: ‘Asset’ = current page asset. Sort by Bid Price: Descending (to get the highest bid at the top).

You can then also have columns for the quantity and bidder associated with each bid.

Hope this helps someone else!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.