Repeating Group, Dynamic Data Setup

Hi There, kinda hit a wall here.

I created a public page for the user to share and get signups from potential partners, URL/partner_signup/current user’s slug .

Event 1: A partner signed up
Workflow: Sign the user up > Company = Name’s value, Related Partner = Current page user
Question 1: How can I add the Partner email/account to the Current page user’s thing?

Event 2: After the partner completed the sign up, they are sent to another page, the goal is to populate basic info of the current page users Name and profile picture.
Workflow: Go to Page, Data to Send: Current Page user’s first name
Question 2: How do i setup the page for the partner to reflect the current page users basic info? what is the setup in the repeating group?

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Sincerely,

MArk

Heya Mark,
Question 1: How can I add the Partner email/account to the Current page user’s thing? - you could make a new data type with ‘Users’ that is a list of other users e.g Partners = list of (users), and then make the workflow add this user to that list. note: this isn’t the best approach though as you should consider how you want to set up your DB and privacy rules.

Question 2: How do i setup the page for the partner to reflect the current page users basic info? what is the setup in the repeating group? - send data to the page as the whole User type (rather than just user’s name). Then you can display any and all information you want about the user within the page.

Hope that helps,
Daniel.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the quick reply.
For my Question #1 Thank you, I suspected that it may affect on how my privacy rules will be setup, I was doing couple of options and I think, I’m going in the route of current page user initiated call to add the new partner.

As far as question #2, when “send data” what is the correct option? ‘Current page user unique id’?

Again, I really appreciate the assist.

Sincerely,

Mark

No worries.

It depends on what data you want to show. For instance the button/page might be to do with a specific user rather than current user, so modify the workflow to match that.

Make the target pages ‘type’ as user, then when you send the data to that page (with the navigation) you can reference that page’s user data for elements on that page.

Hope that makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.