Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Repeating Group Performance by showing only last 50 records initially

Hi,
In my usecase I have a repeating group to load or display a lot of bills(potentially 10k+). So in order to keep the performance in mind, I would like to show last 25 bills from the database on first load and then lazy load next 25. Can anyone suggest how I can set the default load to last or recent 25 bills?

Thanks in advance
Satish

Hi Satish!

In your repeating group’s data source, you should be able to access the “sort by” dropdown. You can set this to sort by “Creation Date” and then select “descending=yes” to ensure the most recent items are shown first.

The next steps are dependent on whether you are using legacy responsive or new responsive in your application.

For legacy responsive, make sure the repeating group is set to “Ext. Vertical Scroll” and only shows 25 items to start.

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 11.23.28 AM

For new responsive, you’ll want to set fixed columns to 1 and uncheck fixed rows. Then, ensure the height of your repeating group element when combined with the minimum height setting of your row generates 25 rows. From there, as long as you don’t have the “show all items immediately” box checked, your repeating group should lazy load items as the user scrolls down the page.

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 11.25.06 AM

For instance, in the screenshot above, you’d want to make sure your repeating group element had a minimum height of at least 1250px (25*50) in order to ensure that 25 rows with a minimum height of 50px each all showed on page load.

2 Likes

Hi @sam.morgan That is very helpful. I will implement the suggested settings. Thank you very much.

1 Like