Repeating Group search by number (Number should always be searched from front to back)

Good day,
I have a repeating group in which orders are represented. These orders each have a zip code number. Now I want to create search function for these numbers. It should always be checked whether the beginning of the zip code number matches the entered search.

Example:

Reapeating Group:

Search input: 59

Only the following should be displayed now:

Search input: 5

Only the following should be displayed now:

Thank you very much for helping me!

Hi @daniel.grobbel

Have you tried the fuzzy search / autocomplete approach?

Rob

Hey thanks for your answer. I already tried the fuzzy serach approach. unfortunately the fuzzy search did not work either. Two problems have occurred. First of all I can’t select the right data field in the data type with the fuzzy search. The second problem is that the fuzzy search only looks if the searched number is available.

For example: I search for “58”, “58563” and “48584” are displayed.

However, the result should only be “58563”, because the entered search number should always be searched from the beginning. In this case, only the data beginning with 58 should be displayed.

The search must also not be super fast. Unfortunately I can’t search directly for an input field in RP and use the “contains” function there, because the search is for Numbers and not for texts.

Maybe you know another solution? or did I do something wrong?

@daniel.grobbel

Consider changing the field from number to text

Thanks for the answer! But if i changing the number to text, i cant use a number input and i have to use the text input. And then i cant provide my input restriction, that the number has to be in the range between 1000 and 99999, and only numbers are allowed.

@daniel.grobbel

You could set a max nr of characters via the max number box

In the inputs condition you can use the expression “when this input value :number of characters < 5” make this input unclickable

Thanks, i now save the input as a text (numbers only). So i can now use the “contains” -Condition to serach im my datenbase by using the Repeating Group. Now i have the Problem, that the “Contains”-Condition looks wether the “Seraching-Number” contains in the Data-Think.

For Example:

Seraching-Number: 59

Database:

The Result is:

The Result should be only:

because the Seraching-Number should always stay on the front!
So do you know how i can set this sequence. I notice that i can user the funktion “:truncated to” for the Seraching-Number. But i have to truncated the number in the database and not the seraching number.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.