Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Repeating Group to CSV Download - New Plugin from Zeroqode

thank you. this makes sense now. for some reason i didnt see this in the instructions.

it is working now however all my entries for a specific column have the charecter “” after it… and i dont have this on the RG

Hi @joseph.farinhas,

Could you please add [email protected] as contributors to your app and specify its name. It will allow us to find the cause of the issue.

Regards,
Alex

thanks for the fast reply. i deleted and re-created that text box and now is working fine. not sure what it was, but lets put it behind us. way too many other things to fix lol.

1 Like

I have been experimenting with this plug-in… when I have a repeating group with hundreds of rows, is the only solution to getting all of the data into the CSV to scroll to the last entry via a workflow and then execute the download?

Doing it this way, I have to put a pause in the workflow to make sure that last row is visible before moving to the next step. Seems a little clunky to me… can you confirm that this is the best way to handle large amounts of data?

Everything else is working great.

Thank you,

Ken

1 Like

Hello @ksaitow1,

Yes, you are right at the moment this is one of the most optimal solutions. Besides that depending on the specific case also can be used conditional “Page Loaded (entire)”.

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Great, thank you!

How do we make this work with a repeating group with a large number of rows? I have a RG with around 600 rows, and calculated text boxes. it appears Bubble can’t handle that much data and the page freezes up before I can scroll to the bottom of the RG. It doesn’t matter whether I scroll manually or on page load.

If this isn’t the right solution to download large data sets, what is?

Thanks,
George

Probably the structure and the logic from your app may require more server resources than you have available on your plan. One solution would be the optimization of the app. Here you can find some good recommendations on how to do that: https://docs.airdev.co/bubble-development-guide/steps/develop/optimize-speed
Also, it may be needed to change your pricing plan to have more capacities for processing.

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Team

is this text only or will it work with numbers? (so that I can carry out calculations on my cvs)

Hello @jeffmccutcheon , thanks for reaching out.

Kindly note that the plugin works both with numbers and letters.
Additionally, I would recommend checking the supporting documentation: Repeating Group to CSV Plugin - Zeroqode

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Does this plugin works for dynamic fields, for example a RG from a dynamic form where the titles would be the labels used in the form, and the date would be the form answers.

So the titles are dynamic, the answers are dynamic, as well as the number of fields.

Thanks in advance,

Hello, @edwinbolanosb
Thank you for reaching out.

We confirm that this plugin works with the dynamic data.
The mechanism for this case will be as follows:

You will create a form with a questionnaire, which your users will fill in. All the data from these forms will be saved into your Bubble DataBase ( for example, you will create s new data type “answers”).
So, a Data Source for this plugin will be collected information from the DataBase, which dynamically came from a created form.

Please take a look at the plugin’s Demo Page https://zeroqode-demo-05.bubbleapps.io/rg-to-csv and Documentation https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/repeating-group-to-csv-plugin#introduction

Hope my answer will help you.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thanks for your answer.

I saw the demo page, and I still have a doubt because the numer of question I will have in the dynamic form are variable, for example, form-A has 13 questions, and form-B has 21 questions.

So, I will not have the number of columns will be dynamic (considering one per question) as well as the titles.

Do you have an example for this use case?

Thanks in advance,

Hello, @edwinbolanosb
Thanks for the details.

Please allow us to mention that the requested functionality depends not on the plugin, but on Bubble features. Unfortunately, column quantity cannot be changed automatically.
You can create a few Repeating Groups, each of which will be subject to a condition.
When a certain condition is fulfilled, the user will see a repeating group that will relate to the relevant questionnaire.

As a proposal regarding the Repeating Group to CSV Plugin, you can create a separate table for each questionnaire, which you are planning to use, and put the plugin’s element for each of these tables.

Hope our answer was helpful for you.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Thanks for your answer.

1 Like

Hello, @edwinbolanosb
Hope that our answer was helpful for you.

You are always welcome!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team