Repeating Group w/ Constraints Trouble

Hi,

Obligatory I’m new sentence.

I have a Data Type CONTACT that has the Field of CONTACT FULL NAME / text.

Another Data Type of PROJECT that has the Fields of PROJECT NAME / text , PROJECT PHASE / text and CONTACT FULL NAME / Contact (Data Type)

A project can have only one contact. The contact can have many projects.

I want to display a list of the projects that the contact has on an individual contact page.

I have a parameter set up in the individual contact Page URL
EX. https://app.bubbleapps.io/version-test/contact_page?debug_mode=true&ContactName=Jane%20Doe

I have my repeating group set up like so

The “Get ContactName from Page URL” is working for my page header to display the individual contact name.

But it is not working in my repeating group.

I have been trying to figure this out for a day now by experimenting and looking at the forums but I can’t figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Edit: If I change the Parameter type to Contact (Data Type), the text turns blue but still doesn’t return any thing

Hi @msamandadianne :slight_smile: At first glance, I think that it’s red because your “Contact Full Name” field type is “Contact” (on the “Project” data type). I think it may be easier to change that field name to “Contact”, since you’re storing/linking the entire “Contact” thing on the Project, not only the Contact’s first name.

Since the page parameter URL is of type “text”, and the “Contact Full Name” field is of type “Contact”, then the debugger is flagging that it is expecting a “Contact” thing as the constraint value, not the page parameter text value.

Instead of sending the full name of the Contact as a text parameter, you could instead send the Contact thing itself as a parameter. For example, the constraint could be:

“Contact Full Name = Get Contact from page URL”
(Making sure the parameter name is “Contact” and the parameter type is “Contact”). This should ensure that only the parameter Contact’s projects are displayed in the repeating group, but please let me know if you have any questions at all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

The information you gave me led me to the solution to do this by sending data to the page.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.