Repeating List Disappears

I’m pretty new to Bubble and I have an issue I haven’t been able to locate an answer for. I have a repeating group which is a list of names from a database. When I preview the page, I can see the list flash on the screen with the data that is supposed to be there, but it seems to be only visible when the page is loading. It disappears instantly. Upon inspection, I can’t find that list (the other elements show up in red).

Does anybody have an idea of what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Things that might be happening:

1. You are hiding the RG on page load.

2. Some element is in front of your RG, obscuring it from view.

3. You are changing the source of the RG on page load to a null list, making it collapse into nothingness.

4. Other things on the page are pushing your RG down the page (I.e., have you scrolled down the page in search of your RG?)

5. Your responsive settings are pushing the RG put of view (either to the left or the right).

6. Many other things, but that’s a start.

Want a sure-fire way to debug without relying on the peanut gallery here? Do this:

Turn on the option to add HTML IDs to elements. Now, open the edit settings for your RG. Scroll to the bottom of that dialog. You’ll see the HTML ID setting. Give the RG an ID of something memorable, like WTFRU.

Load your preview. Open your developer tools (F12 in most browsers), go to the elements pane. Hit control-f (for find). Find WTFRU.

There’s your RG.

Short of this, style your RG to have thick, bright colored borders. Even if the RG is collapsed, you’ll see a thick bright line. That would be your RG with no items in it.

(Note: if it’s hidden, you’ll see nothing of course.)

This is one of the problems with visual programming systems: unless you point us to your rendered page (or better, your publicly available Edit page) we can’t generally help you with questions like this.

(“Where’s my RG?” “I don’t know… where IS your RG?” is the answer. At least point us to the URL of your page, right?)

1 Like

Keith-

Thank you so much for taking the time to write all of this. It’s most kind of you. I’m going to start working down this list. I’ll report back and let you know what I find.

Keep being awesome!

Number 1 was right. I had a condition that I thought was set to display above the fold, but it was set as off, so apparently it was turning it off after it loaded to the fold. Rookie move. Thanks again, Keith.

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted! (Also, glad that I nailed the most likely culprit as #1… lucky guess I suppose. :thinking:)

Incidentally, I was just looking at a cool calendar plugin and realized it is yours. Still researching to see if it fits the bill for what I need it to do, but it looks rad.

1 Like