Restrict users to only 1 upvote

Hi,
I’m setting up an upvote based RG sorting.
I have set up an icon, when clicked the parent group elements upvote will be +1. The default upvote value is 1. The problem is users can keep clicking on it & upvoting it as many times.

How do I restict an user to just 1 upvote? Please help

1 Like

You can do it a few ways, but one way that comes to mind is to keep a list of upvotes from the user in his user database. Then it would need to verify they he hasn’t already upvoted, prior to voting. It might be a tad slow, you will have to check.

How do I do that? What should I setup under the Workflow

I think its better to reorganize your database.

One way is to change the “vote” field to a thing. Vote = “list of users”. Workflow to add is “when this user clicked the vote button, make changes to votes, add current user to votes.

Please have a look. What am I doing wrong? It still counts evertime I click

There would be a Only When condition in this popup. You need to add a condition there so that this doesn’t run when the user has already added

Thanks for all your help guys. Love u all
@troy.roberge @shu.teopengco @sharma.himanshu0608

I found a detailed solution here. It worked

You can try to use this without the vote counts. Just use the user voted: count for number of votes. This will avoid redundancy of data but not sure how it impacts the performance.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.