Results for matching Tag values

I’m building a site to capture good book suggestions. One of the input values is category, where I provided options using Dropdown static list of values.

I’m trying to retrieve the book results for the selected category like we normally do with Tags. Any idea how can we achieve this. Help is appreciated.

You would do a search where “Book’s list of tags” CONTAINS the selected tag.

@NigelG, thanks for trying to help out. I tried your direction, this is the error I’m facing. Please advise.

If you can make your app public, and post the link there, that is the easiest way to help.

What Nigel says is true, it will be easier to give an exact answer if you make the app public.

On a general note, your error suggests that you are trying to send a list of books to an element that only accepts a single book. There are two possible solutions:

1. You wanted to return and display a list of books
    If what you wanted was to display a list of the books that contain the tag, you will probably need to replace the element you are sending the data to. I’m guessing this should probably be a Repeating Group.

2. If you wanted to fetch a single book, you should add the First item to your search, and adjust the search parameters to make sure the first result is the right one.

@NigelG @petter

Solution1 from your comments is what I’m trying to achieve: 1) You wanted to return and display a list of books
If what you wanted was to display a list of the books that contain the tag, you will probably need to replace the element you are sending the data to. I’m guessing this should probably be a Repeating Group.

OK, have updated to what I think it is that you want. So you are showing only books in the list that correspond to the niche that you clicked on.

2 Likes

@NigelG your solution helped understand where I went wrong. Thank you so much!

Also, the community turn out here to help each other out is incredible. This is only happening by setting positive examples like you just did. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.