Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Return between two pieces of dynamic data in marker caption

Hi friends!

Maybe I’m missing something, but I can’t figure out how to add a carriage return in between two pieces of dynamic data in a marker caption on a map.

When a marker is clicked, I’d like it to display:

Current Marker’s Name
Current Marker’s Address

Right now it’s all jammed together on one line. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Good morning! Bumping this question.

Bump. Anyone?

Click ENTER to go to the next line… :man_shrugging: ??

Can you share an imagem of what you are trying to do??

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 1.45.53 PM

I’m trying to enter a carriage return between these two pieces of dynamic data. I can enter spaces or other characters, but not a line return.

Check this out…

Would you mind trying this specifically in the Marker Caption field of a map element’s inspector?

Now I understand what is your issue… Sorry…
Try to do this, don’t know if it is going to work

Looks like it might. Thanks!

Edit: Nope. It’s not the address field in concern, it’s the caption. The Marker Address field has to be pulling from the address field in the database. It’s the caption that needs to display both the name and the address.

In the screenshot, you can see that the Marker Caption field doesn’t contain an option for Arbitrary Text, only data from the current marker.

Yeah… But, if you have a field, inside your Student that already have the text in two lines, it may work…

And this field can be updated dinamycaly as you update other fields inside the Student

An inelegant solution, but a solution nonetheless. I appreciate you taking the time to look into this!

Hi there, @rmorgan… I was messing around with this one for longer than I care to admit, and I can’t get a line break in there to save my life. You can get a space in there, but that’s probably not good enough. I’m guessing you know there is a workflow associated with clicking a map marker, though, right? So, one way you could go is to roll your own caption of sorts by showing a group or something when a marker is clicked. I have no idea if you could get that to appear in a way that would actually look reasonable, but I didn’t think it could hurt to throw it out there as food for thought.

Best…
Mike

Ha, I appreciate the time. Honestly what I’ll probably do for now is set the markers to display just the name, as for our purposes the location will be obvious enough through the visual location of the marker on the map.

I may submit a feature request, though, as I can imagine lots of instances where having the ability to customize marker popup details is critical to the function of someone’s app.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.