Reusable Master Page?

Hi, is there a way to create something like a ‘master page’ in bubble? I would like to create a page template that contains my header, sidebar, footer etc and I just change the content within the page itself. thanks

Hi Glenn., I wish the reusable feature for bubbles worked this way, allowing you to pick an element from a general reusbale page where all your reusable elements are deposited. Well, it doesn’t. Reused elements are treated individually for ease of accessibility and management, be it workflow or conditions. So treat your elements on their individual reusable page as is, there’s no work around. Hope this helps.

Yes that’s how my app is set up, its simply a header and footer that sends data to the URL to fetch individual elements.

@iphioka couldn’t you just group all elements on a page into one large group - and then convert that large group into a reusable element?

I don’t know the answer, I’m trying to figure out if reusables are something I should use or not. This thread is exactly what I’m considering.

@brad.h Don’t get me wrong. This is possible. It depends on what your project structure is like and what you are trying to achieve overall. There may be times you would want to make a certain change on one of the elements in the grouped reusable element on a particular page that doesn’t apply to all pages, this change would also apply to all other pages you are using the grouped reusable element. Possibly, there may be conditions that could aid and exception - I doubt. Play around and figure for yourself though, In my experience, bubble is somewhat limitless to what it can do, only if you figure how.

God.Speed!

1 Like

Perhaps set up a page with the elements you would like to re-use, named something like “template”, then when you create new pages, base them on this template. Then you can edit the elements in your new page however needed and keep the common items.

@ Quisp just want to say this is what I do.
I think of what my template page will do, do that then clone it a few times.

Ideally the template page is only made of reusables, e.g. 5 reusables.
So I change one resuable and then all template based pages are changed.

1 Like