Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

๐Ÿ”€ Reverse Repeating Groups for Chats - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Thanks @gmaison,

Always welcome! If you go with our plugin and end up liking it, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves. The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

@levon In my RG cells I have a group that is only show when the users attached an image to the post they make. This group will under the standard info (profile pic., name, message) and will be collapsed if thereโ€™s no image attached (so that thereโ€™s not strange white space).

Does this plugin handle this so that it scrolls all the way to the bottom both if the group is collapsed and not?

Best, Peter

Hi @philledille,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, our plugin is not checking on the groups within RepeatingGroup whether or not they are collapsed, but it does scroll to the bottom if you choose this option. It comes with a Scrolling Direction feature which you can set it to be Top to Bottom or Bottom to Top.

Our plugin is simply reversing your RepeatingGroup so you donโ€™t have to go back through messages you scroll upwards. This is useful when building messaging apps like Whatsapp, which allows you to have all of your recent chat messages being shown down.

You can test it here https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=reverse_repeating&id=zeroqode-demo-17&tab=tabs-1 to see how everything is set up, before purchase.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Thanks for coming back in this.

Does this mean that i will have no problem with my potentially collapsed groups?

Also, I assume that the RG will not load more data that is visible in the RG and load when needed as with a normal Vertical scrolling RG?

Best, Peter

Thanks @philledille for feedback.

It is hard to tell whether or not there could be some problems with custom implementations like this, but the idea is that you can have any app setups with your RG, and our plugin is simply reverting it, but it loads all the data you are pulling from your database as example. The best way would be testing it to see if it satisfies your needs. Bubble doesnโ€™t allow plugin trials, but in case you have a paid plan you can simply subscribe to the plugin and it will charge you monthly fee / 31, meaning only for the number of days used. If it doesnโ€™t help you, just unsubscribe and uninstall the plugin.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Does it works with Ext. Vertical scroll? cause the thing is that Iโ€™d like to have a full screen chat, and Bubble has basically no ways to make the height responsive, and even with js or a plugin I donโ€™t know how it will behave with RGs, so the ext. vertical scrolling with a reversed rg would be the solution. Is it possible?

Hi @bubble_dev,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, it does work with Ext. vertical scrolling. But could you please relate a bit more on how youโ€™re trying to build your app? Because it really depends on your app setups whether or not the plugin allows you to accomplish it.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team