Review data before create new thing

Maybe this is a simple question but I really dont know how to do in simple way.

I made a form with several fields. Before creating a new think I woul like to create a Popup showing data on the form, so user can review before save.

My doubt its how to take data on the fields to the popup before saving on database?

I thought using states, but I’m wondering if there isn’t a easy way…

Just refer directly to the inputs’ values in the popup.

Well, maybe Im doing something wrong, because editing popup doesnt show references to the inputs on previous page

And I already put Popup at page (drag drop)

Previous page?

Is your popup not on the same page as the form inputs? If that’s the case then obviously you won’t be able to reference the inputs (as they only exist on the page), so you won’t be able to use them to create a new thing in the database either.

But I’m not sure why you’d be navigating to another page here anyway?

But if you are, then in order to display data on a subsequent page that isn’t stored in the database, you’ll need to use either cookies or URL parameters.

But I don’t see any reason for doing that - just have the popup on the same page as the form.

Alternatively, create the thing in the database first, then have an option to confirm it in a popup on a subsequent page. If it’s not confirmed after a predetermined amount of time then you can delete it from the database.

Yes, the popup is on the same page as the form inputs. I said previous page just to reforce the idea of popup (a diffrent element from original page) are not referencing its parent-page inputs.

If just puting popup on same page is enough I dont really know what Im doing wrong…

Anyways, I like the idea of creating a temporary thing. Gonna work on that.

Tx

You should be able to refer to the inputs on the page from within the popup with no problem.

Unless you’re using a reusable element that is?..

Yes, it is a reusable element…
But how to create a popup not being reusable element? :flushed: :flushed:

You can just create a popup directly on the page.

If you’re using a reusable element for the popup then you can’t refer to anything on the page directly from within it (as there’s no way to know which page you’re referring to), so you’ll have to use custom states on the popup, then pass the values from the page to the popup’s custom states.

But if you’re not reusing the same popup on other pages, then there’s no particular need to make it a reusable element, so it’s probably easier just to have the popup on the page, then you can refer directly to the input values from within it, rather than using custom states (but either option will work).

My god, im using bubble about 6 months and I never noticed the popup option on container tools!
Im always using reusable elements… Such a shame!

Thanks for the patience man! :fist_right: :fist_left:

1 Like