RG saved by user - updated every time there is a new saved thing

User clicks button to save a page to theirs. Right now I have the workflow
Add “Thing” to Users “Saved Things” as a list.

I want RG to show all things saved by user.

I have tried the “is in” operator which isn’t resolving properly. The RG data source is set to things, with the constraint “thing category” (which is things primary field) is in Users saved things.

It seems to me this should work. What do I have wrong here?

Further, I want the user to be updated every time there is a new Thing of which they have saved. Like a notification. For instance, the thing category is beer. The user saves beer into their saved things. Now, every time there is a new beer by the page they have saved, they get a notification.

I tried setting it up like the standard notification tutorial, but this is like the opposite - the user is saving a static post (the thing). And, potentially thousands of people might save this thing - so the notification needs to go to all of those people, not just the creator of the thing.

Thanks!

It seems to me this should work. What do I have wrong here?

Why not just use Current User’s Saved Things as the RG datasource?

Further, I want the user to be updated every time there is a new Thing of which they have saved. Like a notification. For instance, the thing category is beer. The user saves beer into their saved things. Now, every time there is a new beer by the page they have saved, they get a notification.

That should be simple enough…

Just create a backend workflow to create a notification for a User… then, any time a new Thing is created schedule that workflow to run to create a notification for all Users who have the same category amongst their saved things… (you’ll probably want to use recursive workflows for that)…

Omg I knew it was something simple i was overlooking. Thank you.

Ahh I havn’t created any backend flows yet. I guess its time to learn. Any good posts on recursive workflows? I have no idea what that means.

Thanks so much!