Save User Data in separate Data Type / Data Base

Does it make sense to not save any Data in the User Database, but instead create a separate Data Type/Database (let’s call it “universal id”) which has all the important fields (other than email and password) and then just add a universal id field to the user database to connect each user with an universal id?

I am asking because i am building a Dashboard for our agency’s clients but also wanted to integrate a sales CRM for the team into it. So far, it’s going amazing. Whenever a lead is interested, they get added to the sales CRM (which is a Database) and once they become a client, I want to convert them to a user so that they can log in to the client dashboard.

This would mean that every time a lead becomes a client, bubble would have to copy every single field of the sales CRM database to the newly created user (because I want to keep track of conversations and sales journey). This is a waste of computing power in my opinion, therefore I thought of just creating a universal id database in which all information from lead to user are saved and whenever a lead turns into a user, all bubble has to do is create a new user and add the correct universal id field to the user.

Does that make sense or is there a downside to this?

Makes perfect sense… and there’s no real downside (I use this approach often for certain apps)

1 Like

Thanks lot!
Two quick follow-up questions:

1. I have three types of users: Team members, Client contacts and Creators. Each of them needs a good amount of fields, of which most only apply to one of the three types (not the other two). Until now, i had an option set linked from which i could select the type, but do you think it makes more sense to have three Universal ID Databases (one for each user type)?

2. I have several repeating groups where i have to do searches (e.g. Search for leads) and have to filter those searches based on the status. However, i can only filter based on the Universal ID, not on fields inside that universal ID. To do that, i have to add :filtered and then select advanced. After doing a quick search, i found out that advanced filtering get very slow really fast.

What would be the most efficient/fast way to implement all of this, in your opinion?

What do you think @adamhholmes?