Saving a search box value to a user

Hey,

I am trying to search for a company name and they save it to a user but all I get is the word yes and not the company name, see video:

https://cloud.kevinhorek.com/5PZc063k

Can someone please tell me what I am missing?

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 1.16.34 PM
What you have entered in the value area here evaluates to a “yes” or a “no”. Remove “is SearchBox Current Employer’s value”.

Right, that was dumb of me, thanks. But I get an error:

What is the field type for the field Current-Employer and what is th type for the Search Box? I am assuming one is a text and one is not.

The field type for the current employer is text, and the search box pulls the company name, which is also text. I am trying to let employees search for a company name and then tie them to that company so that the company can view the employee profile if that helps.

Is Company-Name a type itself? The only reason it would show red like that is if the two types don’t match, whether that means one is a text and the other is a number or one is a text and the other is a list of texts. They have to be the same type. If you created a Data Type or an Option set called Company Name then you need to go one step further and say SearchBox Current Employer’s value’s name/Display so it evaluates to a text.

Any chance we can hop on a call? kevinhorek@gmail.com to invoice me and setup a call