Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Schedule workflow to run every 10 minutes?

Hi!

What is the best way to trigger a (backend) workflow to run every 10 minutes or so?

Currently we have to manually double-check a process, but we convinced the people on the other side of the API to include a unique identifier of ours in their records so we can now just cross reference that with no fear of sending inaccurate information.

It would run down a list every 10 minutes and see which records are missing a certain field, compile those records into a list and submit them to an “API workflow” that would check each one against the external API’s data and so on.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking here, so apologies if I’ve misunderstood…

But to run a workflow every 10 minutes just have the last step in the workflow schedule itself to run again ten minutes later.

Yep I think that will do it.

I made a second API workflow with 2 actions.

Action 1 is to run the other workflow right now.

Action 2 is to run this API workflow again in 10 minutes.

I guess I’ll still have to manually trigger it the first time? Make a button that activates that workflow or something…

Sounds good…

I guess I’ll still have to manually trigger it the first time? Make a button that activates that workflow or something…

Yes, that’s right… to get it started initially you’ll need to trigger it somehow - you can just create a temporary admin page with a button or something simple like that to do it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.