Seach is not showing data properly

Hello,

I am trying to identify why my data is not showing when I search for it. I have attached a video to explain what I’m saying below. Please assist if this should be reported as a bug.

Hey @yahya.akilan, it seems like you’re trying to search for students using their unique id, but you’re looking at Attendance_reports. Try clicking on “All Students” to see if that works.

I am trying to look up the records in attendance report that are assigned for a specific student. Some records show from the past, others are not

@jacobgershkovich- it’s more than that. The video does not really explain what is happening. If he copies and pastes the student ESiS Number (Custom view) he sees 12 records. If he copies and pastes the unique ID he see a whole lot more.

Ahhh, I see. Sorry, I misunderstood the problem. That does seem strange. What’s your process for creating new attendance reports?

I just had a thought too. What happens if you do the same two searches in the Student table? Is there any chance there could be more than one student with similar looking ESIS numbers? Perhaps one with a space after it or something. Is it possible it could have been inadvertently changed at some point? If yes then you might want to use the : trimmed function before saving and/or searching for a number in your app.

It is created from a page where a teacher has a list of the students and selects the status of each. I can share a view of the application if required

I have just tried it. It’s only 1 student.
Here’s a backstory:
The type of “Student ESIS” in Attendance_Report was “Text” then based on a suggestion of someone in the community, he recommended that I change it to “Student” as that’s the right way to make the relation. In order to do that, I created a new field called “Student ESIS2” exported the list of student, copied the “Student ESIS” records to “Student ESIS2” on EXCEL. Then I made modification to the current data in Attendance Report to upload the new list and then I deleted the records under “Student ESIS”

Here’s a link to my application for your review:

@patricia @jacobgershkovich

Just took a quick look at the app. It does seem strange @yahya.akilan. Will the correct results show up in a repeating group if you do a search for attendance records?

I have a page where the report for attendance shows and it works well as intended. I am even able to export it to excel and it’s ok there. It’s just this when I search for data in the App Data it’s messed up

Hmm… using type Student was definitely the right way to go but it would sound like the export/import has not created the correct data. I did some manual search experiments in your databases and as far as I can tell it is a problem with the database indexes because the more recent records are not pointing to the Student record. I could of course be wrong and there is no way that I know of on bubble to reindex. Your description of the backstory refers to the Student ESIS Number and not to the Student Unique ID field. If that is what you did then it may be that this was the cause of the problem. You should have exported/ imported the unique ID I think although I’ve never had to make that sort of change on bubble so I’m going to reach out to @NigelG because this is something I think he will know.

2 Likes

You can use this link - Make sure you set the date to 2nd March otherwise it will lag.

I have indeed used the Student Unique ID, as I can’t make modification to the data without having the unique ID in the sheet. It’s really weird. I am thinking of exporting all the data and then wiping everything on the application and uploading it again as this is driving me nuts.

I looked at the Attendance Report Page and it is not working as you think because one of the constraints is blank

I have to confess that what you are seeing is downright odd. I’m sure the bubble guys could confirm but they won’t be working until Monday (virus allowing) and it can take a few days after that. It might be quickest to do as you say. I also recommend using Google Sheets when working with CSV files because Excel has a long standing reputation for being problematic with CSV files. It apparently sometimes inserts hidden characters that mess things up. I totally hate Google Sheets but I do use it when working with CSV files and it has got me out of trouble on more than one occasion.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion. I have stopped using this page since a while as it was not required. I am using Attendance_Daily instead. Thank you for pointing that out!

Thanks a ton @patricia you’ve been of so much help, really! I will keep you posted if I get any response from Bubble team. Appreciate your cooperation.

I think what you needed to have done is run a workflow to find the Student record and update the Student field.

Doing it by exporting and importing has broken the Bubble links because the import will not have retained the ids.

1 Like

I am quite certain this is what happened. How do I fix it?