Search data in a "Grouped by" repeating group's cell

Hello,

I have a repeating group that is searching for “Events” and grouping them by their start date.

I wish to display a RG withing this grouped RG that searches for sub-events that are found on the same day as the current cell in the grouped RG.

I have a feeling that the <–Range–> expression is what I need to use but I can not seem to get this to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Elijah.

This is the grouped repeating group that is working correctly…

Here you can see the RG within the RG and how I’m trying to programme it.

Yes, you’re right that the start events aren’t coming in because their start dates and times
aren’t exactly equal to the parent event’s start date and time.

Try using 2 criteria for your sub-events in your nested RG:
start >= Current cell’s grouping start change hours to 0 change minutes to 0 change seconds to 0
start < Current cell’s grouping start + 1 change hours to 0 change minutes to 0 change seconds to 0

Also, I see that ignore empty constraints isn’t checked. This might not be impacting you on this search, but it’s usually important to have this checked.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your support.

I have copied your expressions here but still no show. Could you take a look to ensure that I have them all right?

Can I ask… what does changing the hrs, mins, secs to 0 do?

Thank you!

I got it working!

Your expressions were spot on and changing the hrs, mins and secs to 0 means that it won’t take the exact time into consideration.

The thing that got it working was adding + 24 hours.

start < Current cell’s grouping start + 24 Hours change hours to 0 change minutes to 0 change seconds to 0

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Awesome, glad to hear it worked out.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.