Search returns zero but data is in type

I have one table/type that does contain data that when I search I get zero rows even when I don’t put any criteria in the selection; the same search on another table returns the expected results with the count of the number of rows in the table.

I can’t figure out why this one table is giving me fits when all other searches appear to work correctly.

to test I’m using a simple “Search For <datatype>s:count” to test the output
the working returns a number, the “broken” one returns zero (0)


well, I found my answer; I had been playing with permissions and had an undefined permission rule; once I removed the rule then search worked as expected.