Select from a repeating group for different types

I have a type called “Event” that a “User” can create and invite other Users to.

One the fields in type “Event” is a List of Users – who are participants in the Event.

One of the fields in type “User” is is a List of Users – who are Favorites/Friends List of the User in the session.

In the Event Configuration page, there is a Repeating Group of other Users (pictured below).

I want the User currently logged in to be able to click the “Select” button to add the given User to the Event as a participant.

I also want the User currently logged in to be able to click the “Save” button to add the given User to the logged in User’s Favorites/Friends List.

I am completely lost on how to use the Select and Save buttons to add specific Users from the Repeating Group to the lists mentioned above.

Hey @hi17

For this you would need to run a workflow when “Select” is clicked: Make changes to Event → Participants add Current cell’s User

Same logic for this one, you would need to run a workflow when “Save” is clicked: Make changes to User → Friends add Current cell’s User

Thanks. That worked for the Friends List question. But, as you can see in the screenshot below, Make changes to Event is not an option.

The “Type of content” of the page where the Repeating Group is located is “Event”, so I am especially confused why “Event” is not an option in the Workflow screen.

@hi17 you should be able to Make changes to Current Page Event then

Btw, you should click on Make changes to thing on your screenshot above and select “Current Page Event” in the Thing to Change field of the action configuration

Like this?

Exactly :ok_hand:

Thank you!

How would I introduce features to alter the state (the “condition”) of the SELECT and SAVE buttons depending on whether the User in the current sell is a User in the Event or is a User in the logged-in User’s Favorites/Friends list?

You can put a condition on the Select button such as:
When Current Page Event’s Participants contains Current cell’s User -> button is not clickable (for example)

In the same way for the Save button:
When Current User’s Friends contains Current cell’s User -> this button is not clickable

Right, but I’d want to switch the SELECT or SAVE buttons with buttons to remove users from those lists.

Alright so instead of making the buttons not clickable, change the texts to Remove (or anything else you want)

Then build 2 workflows for each button. Here are the ones for the Select button

• When Select is clicked and Current Page Event’s Participants doesn’t contain Current cell’s User -> Make changes to Current Page Event: Participants add Current cell’s User
  • When Select is clicked and Current Page Event’s Participants contains Current cell’s User -> Make changes to Current Page Event: Participants remove Current cell’s User

Same logic for the Save button