Send Beautiful HTML emails from Bubble Through API connector

It was due to the SendGrid integration I was curious why you chose a different service.

No particular reason then :slight_smile: Thanks

I posted this before the Sendgrid integration :slight_smile:

Doh. Right… hehe

Dear Levon,

I cannot firure out how to connect my bubble to SendinBlue.
It seems that Bubbles API Connector settings have chnaged from what it used to be when the first post was written.

Could you please advise?

Hi,
are you sure you are using the right template ID in the POST url? in your case it’s “1” but do you really have a template with ID 1 configured on Sendinblue side?
Also, do you see any errors? did you try to use the debugger?

Thanks,
Levon.

Founder at Bubblewits - Bubble Certified Partnera

http://bubblestore.io – a place to buy Bubble templates for landing pages, e-commerce, workflows, APIs etc.
http://iambubble.com - one page Bubble demo
http://builtonbubble.com - Collection of apps built on Bubble

I did wonder if the ID is right, but it seems to be…

Maybe you could update your insytuction based on the new bubble layouts and sendinblue layout?

Would appriciate any advice thought (I am very new to all this API things)

@levon how can we use sendinblue for the system emails, like reset password or confirmation email? For the pw reset, I see we can just generate the token, but do you know where can we find it to use as a attribute in a sendinblue template? The same for confirmation email… have you passed through this stuff? Really appreciate this topic, Im using sendinblue instead of sendgrid because of that! You should have a referral bonus because of that ! :slight_smile:

HI Felipe!
To be honest not sure how to use Sendinblue for system emails. I doubt it’s currently possible at all.
Maybe @emmanuel would comment?

Thanks,
Levon.
Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-Code Development Services

The solution I found for pw reset, in the workflow:

1. Created a new sendinblue email with a %TOKEN% attribute in the URL for “RESET PASSWORD” button, like this: “http://www.your-app.com/reset_pw?reset=%TOKEN%”. Then defined a new API call just like all the other transactional emails and beautifully described in this post.

2. When button is clicked, set an action “Send a password reset email”, and checked the option “Just make token, don’t send e-mail”

3. Set an action “Sendinblue API reset-pw” (or whatever you named it), and changed the TOKEN for “Results from step 1”, which gives exactly the token text as an answer

Ready to go. Tested with different users and in live run, and it worked. And for the mkt automation emails, I’ve set up everything inside sendinblue, and triggered a zapier to send the contact as soon as they register to sendinblue. I didn’t try to configure the confirmation email yet, but pretty sure it is possible somehow.

@levon, I am pretty newbee for programming hard stuff, I tried to create a plugin to make this automatically, but I don’t have the knowledge yet. I don’t think it is too hard, and it can be similar to what @copilot did for sendgrid. I like sendinblue better because it is cheaper when scaling and has mkt campaigns, transactional and automated flow + SMS flows which works smoothly here in Brazil.

Probably the next step would be to send the contacts straight to sendinblu without using Zapier, as it is paid and any cost we could avoid would be very nice. But I didn’t find that option yet.

Cheers!

Hi Felipe,
That’s a great solution you found for password reset.
We might configure a plugin for SendinBlue, but meanwhile you can just install the API connector plugin and configure the connection as I shown on the very first screenshot above. It shouldn’t be difficult, then in the workflow instead of calling Zapier trigger you will call this API.

Thanks,
Levon.
Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

1 Like

@levon I tried to create this connection (to send the contact to a list in sendinblue), but couldn’t make it. With zapier was easier… if you have a print on how to configure that straight to sendinblue and could send, it wud be great!!! Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Hi Felipe,
it’s not easy to add something to what I already explained in the posts above :slight_smile: We’ll include developing Send in Blue plugin in our development roadmap but can’t commit on ETA right now.

Thanks,
Levon.
Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

Hi Felipe,
we’ve built the plugin but it’s not published for public access. However if you send me your app’s name through private message, we’ll enable the plugin for you.

Thanks,
Levon.
Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

Hi @levon

Do you think its also possible to dynamically change the from name? I couldnt find an atttribute. I guess the actual email address used to send from might be difficult, but perhaps the name…

I believe it should be possible,
if you check this URL you’ll find the mentioned attributes in the list of parameters that you can send along the api request
https://apidocs.sendinblue.com/tutorial-sending-transactional-email/

Thanks!

Levon
Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

1 Like

Just putting this in here if anyone is trying to get this working - still works fine as of March 2018.

Took a bit of trial an error to get working as this was my first time doing an API, but once I used Postman it made the trial-and-error process of figuring out the api more straightforward.

Thank you @levon

2 Likes

Hi All,

I’m having trouble setting this up. Is there an updated example of what the call should look like? The old example at the top of this post by @levon does not seem to work, or I can’t figure out how to adapt it.

Can anyone share an example of what their call looks like including the addition of other parameters beyond just to and firstname? :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

Thank you!!
Jamie

Here is what I have - I’m trying to use several items in addition to just first name and to, and tried to follow the solutions above but I am not really getting it. Could anyone point out what is wrong? I’d be really grateful.

Could anyone share how they set up their API call, or help me understand what the error message I received might mean?

Does anyone know of any guides to how to use this plugin?

@levon just following up, could you help?

Here are couple of screenshots to help you configure the API connector directly

hope this helps

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

zeroqode-for-web-160x120a

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
No-code Development Services

2 Likes