"Share" URL of internal page

So when they click the “link” did you fill out the “data to send” field?

okay geeze sorry, it’s a workflow that was setup to “navigate to…”

I guess the link would make more sense in this senario

You could do a button.

in your workflow you’ll have to specific what data you send to the page.

In the case of internal user, the data to send would be “current user” correct?

Then the case of sharing that page to “non logged in” people would happen how?

If the current user clicks the button, you send “current user data” to that page, and the page content type is “user” then the page should display that users data and the url should have the unique ID of that user within it. So if someone goes to “this url” it should populate the current page users data via the unique ID in the URL.
Does that make any sense?

There are multiple ways to do this. You could enter a different URL into the share button url field. For example “website home URL"your website’s page name”/current user’s unique ID"
However, this would not work if people viewing this page could also potentially be current users. Meaning if someone viewing the page was logged in, it would just show their info since they are the current user

I think so, this is how it is setup.

On the “View Profile” page the “type of content” is set to “User” (this is the same on every page the “user” is using so their information shows up.

In the workflow I have it setup to send “current user” data so the current users information is there on each page where it is needed. This all works and makes the data show up just fine.

How do I take the current users profile page and “share” it with a non user? or in a sense view the page in incognito mode, which is effectively the same as not being logged into the platform.

Did you set the inputs/texts on the page to be current page user? Screen shots would be helpful here so that I can see how it is set up to give better feedback.

i didn’t, it is set as current user on every text input for the screens

So for the screen that you want non-internal or non-application users to be able to view, you will have to set it as current page user. “Current user” will not display someone else’ info- it will only display the info of the current person using the app…

So if someone is logged into the app and they go to “view profile” they will see their information populate, but if they share the page whomever follows the link will see a page with the “user who shared” information correct?

If it is setup correctly, yes.

YOU ARE THE BEST, IT WORKS!!!

Probably doesn’t show but I did build a full franchise application through bubble, just not dealing with certain things left me without the knowledge to proceed.

Now I need to make sure others don’t have access to the “sharing users account” when the page is shared.

by sharing users account do you mean the share button?

yes correct

You can hide the share buttons with conditions within the share element
if current user is not current page user
then this element is visible (unchecked)

if current user is current page user
then this element is visible (checked)

Or you could use the conditional
If current user is logged in
then this element is visible (checked)

if current user is not logged in
then this element is visible (unchecked)

but under this above conditional anyone that is logged in to your app will see the page buttons…

I just use actual links and my own custom icons as images underneath the links. I couldn’t get the bubble plugin to work well. I also paid for the zeroqode social share plugin but it couldn’t allow you to use dynamic images, so not really worth using for sharing something on social media.

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 1.03.37 PM

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.