Shared URL's not displaying the correct image (AddThis)

I am stumped. I have buttons that share the current URL to Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media platforms. When a user clicks on them, the URL is correct but not the correct image, description and title.

I am using a service called AddThis. What it does is let me insert HTML on my page which creates share buttons and lets me track how many clicks they receive.

However, the issue seems to be that Bubble’s “SEO / metatags” settings are overriding the parameters I am using with AddThis. Furthermore, I want to use different featured images depending on pages I am sharing, so I would really like to somehow override Bubble’s SEO settings.
Below are the paramaters I am using with AddThis:
They are being ignored somehow, and I have a feeling it has to do with Bubble.
Capture

And in my browser console I confirmed the JS was executed:

So the problem is almost 100% with bubble.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much!

Are you able to update the Title, Description & Image dynamically for the page at the page level?

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 8.55.30 pm

My guess is the social networks are just looking at the URL and then pulling the metadata from the URL vs. whatever you’re specifying via AddThis.

But it’s a good thing to solve anyway, because this will also fix this issue if people just take the link and share it directly, it’ll fix it for SEO etc.

Josh @ Support Dept
Helping no-code founders get unstuck fast :rocket:save hours, & ship faster with an expert :man_technologist: on-demand

1 Like

Thanks so much! I used the page SEO settings and that fixed my issue :slight_smile:

Have a good one!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.