Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Shopify or Woocommerce?

Which does anyone prefer? Personally, when working with WordPress I prefer Woocommerce, but that is just me. The company I work for we have an integration between our ERP and Shopify. But what about the rest of you? Woocommerce or Shopify?

As a developer I cannot stand WooCommerce. Its a jumbled mess of code, and the update process makes it very fragile. How many times do I have to go back and rewrite templates because Woo made some change to one? Beyond that it is painfully slow. I’ve seen it take over 6 seconds to add a product to the cart. And that was on a blazing fast server.

My clients think the back-end of Woo is a chore to work with. Adding variable products in Woo is a confusing process at best. Shopify makes it so much easier.

As a CMS Shopify is pretty basic, especially if you are used to the flexibility of ACF.

I think both are good. It depends on which features you’re actually looking for. For example woocommerce offers you unlimited themes (paid and free) while shopify offers you 60+ (free and paid). Yes you need to be a little more techy if you want to use WooCommerce. The debate of woocommerce vs shopify will never end. You just need to know a few things before choosing one of them.

Both are good but I prefer shopify

Shopify! Less maintenance, less headache for business owners.