Should I buy more capacity?

I made an native app with bubble + bdk.
I have 600 users and about 100 users are active.

I use professional plans and some users say it works somewhat slow so I changed personal plan to professional plan.

I have less understandings about capacity…I use 3 capacity which is basic capacity for professional plan

My capacity log is here.

If I want to speed up the app, Is it helpful for buying more capacities?
or do you think my capacity is enough?

The trigger to buy more capacity is when you’re reaching your capacity limits. In an ideal world, your app would be 100% optimised and there would be a direct correlation between how fast your app runs for users and capacity. Therefore when users complain it’s too slow you add some more capacity and the problem is resolved.

In reality, the problems most people have with performance are more often than not unrelated to capacity but highlight underlying problems with the way their app is built.

From the graphs that show capacity utilisation you’re using barely any of the capacity you already have. So paying more to increase this even further is just going to burn a hole in your pocket. It would be like expanding your garage to cater for an additional car that you have no plans to purchase.

Performance is a funny thing to solve for a couple of main reasons:

1. A users device & internet connection can have a huge impact on how well your app performs, which is why it might work awesome for some and be unusable for others. You need to try to test your app under constrained circumstances - i.e. throttled internet connection, old/low spec’d device

2. Everyone has a different expectation of performance.

A good place to start though is to read this eBook from @petter You can then apply some of those learnings to auditing and refining your own app

Josh @ Support Dept
Helping no-code founders get unstuck fast :rocket:save hours, & ship faster with an expert :man_technologist: on-demand

I post daily about no-code and Bubble on Twitter Follow Support Dept on Twitter

2 Likes

Hello Josh24!
Thanks for your kind explanation.

I will buy that book and try those learnings!
Have a good day :slight_smile:

1 Like

By seeing the graphs, I don’t think you have hit any limit. CPU usage is too low for your application.

If users are feeling your application is slow or laggy, Always look at what exactly you are doing at the client-side and how your workflows are set up.

A quick check that you can run through-

1. If it is Single Page application, better to use the reusable page rather than building everything on a single page.
  2. While using the repeating group, don’t load everything at once.
  3. Don’t run the heavy operation on the client-side, run on the backend using backend workflows.
  4. Avoid fetching the same records multiple times.
  5. Avoid client-side filtering of data.
  6. See if any of the plugins, taking a long time to load (because all the plugin loads on each page).
  7. Are you using multiple custom fonts, try to avoid that.
  8. How is your database setup, it should be well optimized.
  9. Don’t overuse the Options setting. (Like don’t load lots of data in option sets). Keep it lite.

These are general suggestions I can give you, but if looking for a specific area to look let me know.

Ankur@ Nocodetalks
Helping Bubble Devs to build No-Code Products. Follow me on Twitter

3 Likes

THANK YOU FOR KIND EXPLANATION!

It will so helpful for me :slight_smile:

I will try your suggestions :slight_smile:

1 Like

and, I have question about the first solution.

I made groups that is hiden or shown by the link (“get v from url”) in the
“app” page. The group works as the page. (mypage, calendar, etc…)

Is this single page application?

So what you are suggesting is that instead of making everything in one “app” page, make some pages?

Yes, that sort of Single-page Application.

Break page into multiple reusable page.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.