Show hidden element on scroll up

Hi everyone! I was wondering if there’s a way to show a hidden element (menu) whenever the user scrolls up. Can that be done somehow on bubble? Thanks in advance

Yes, you can add a condition to the group similar to the one below:

Hi @jonathan.baxter1991 thanks for your reply. I did try it, but it didn’t work. It just makes the object visible when it is at the top of the page. I have in place a conditional to hide the element when scrolling position >60. And what I want to accomplish is to show the element back again whenever the user scrolls up, regardless of the position of the object on the page. So I won’t need to use a button to show the menu back again (that’s what I’m doing now). Maybe I wasn’t clear enough since the beginning. I hope I did explain myself in a better way this time. And that there is a way. Thanks again for your help

1 Like

Yes. It is possible. I posted an example a while ago. Let me see if I can find it for you.

1 Like

Here you go: How do you make a header dissappear when scrolling down but appear again when scrolling up?

4 Likes

YOO! That worked out perfectly! Thanks a lot man, I appreciate your help. This makes the app look and work way smoother. :boom:

2 Likes

Glad it worked out! :raised_hands:

Want to learn more?

www.nocodeminute.com

Presenting

Hi there @J805 , is there a way to do this in new responsive engine? I tried but the second condition ‘When index’s moving up is Yes’ is no longer an option (or maybe it has a different name?)

Hey @anon71899553 :wave:

That’s actually a state on the page. Check it out:

Hey @J805 Thanks so much for your very quick reply…sorry I missed that vital bit!

Is this very resource intensive if it is setting state every fraction of a second? I gather it is happening in browser so it might slow down older mobiles maybe or not really have much negative effect?

Again, thank you for taking the time to kindly point out what I missed…sorry to have taken up your time… !

1 Like

No worries. When I tested it before, it doesn’t seem to touch capacity when you do things on browser side actions like setting states. I was actually surprised how well it performed. Let me know if you see any issues though. :blush:

1 Like