Signing up or logging in stopped working in iframe

Hello, so all of a sudden my signing up and logging in features aren’t working in my iframes but they work in a plain browser when I try to login.

I don’t know what’s going on and I’m 99% sure I didn’t hit anything. Any ideas?

Do you mean that the workflow itself doesn’t work? I.e. it does not log in? Or do you mean that it’s not visually showing the result?

Working in iframes can be a bit tricky when it comes to responsive height. If a group isn’t collapsing correctly for example, it may be displayed outside of the boundries of the iframe. This article on embedding Bubble apps in responive iframes may be helpful if it’s the visual stuff that’s not working as expected.

Not sure if this was helpful or not, as I may have misunderstood your question. Feel free to provide some more details and we’ll try and help you out.

I tested this out: Simple email input, password input, password confirmation input and that’s it, that’s how they would sign up. The problem is, the button works, it’s just for some reason it won’t sign the user up or log the user in. And as I’ve stated before it was working like 6 hours ago and now suddenly this just stopped working.

I tested to see if the button was broken but I removed the “Sign the user up” in the workflow and just put an alert to replace like: “Account created” and lo and behold that worked but not the sign up/login part.

The funky thing about it too is that it works in a normal chrome browser but when I go into that iframe, ONLY that part doesn’t work for some reason.

Do you mean that the workflow itself doesn’t work? I.e. it does not log in? Or do you mean that it’s not visually showing the result?

It doesn’t go to the next step in the workflow and I can tell because from the message above this one. Lemme know if you got any other ideas. :slight_smile:

Hmm, that sounds strange indeed… Is the “Account created” alert and the login action in the same workflow? So you know that this workflow is triggering?

One thing that comes to mind is the recent change to how Bubble handles error message when logging in. I’m sure you’ve read about it here. If it used to work, and then stopped, maybe there could be an issue with that?

Also, how’s the log looking? Is the login action running, and can you see anything out of the ordinary there?

Hmm, that sounds strange indeed… Is the “Account created” alert and the login action in the same workflow? So you know that this workflow is triggering?

Yeah, it was all in the same workflow.

One thing that comes to mind is the recent change to how Bubble handles error message when logging in. I’m sure you’ve read about it here. If it used to work, and then stopped, maybe there could be an issue with that?

This unfortunately wasn’t the issue. I was still working on my app during this and it was all working fine, it just stopped working for no apparent reason.

Also, how’s the log looking? Is the login action running, and can you see anything out of the ordinary there?

Logs are fine.

Also one thing to mention, I did test another app out that I had and it worked, but it seems that the current app I am working on this login stuff just stopped working, but everything else is fine.

Hmm, afraid I’m out of suggestions for this one :neutral_face:

If you’re comfortable sharing your app, I’d be happy to have a look and see if I can spot anything!