Simple OAuth Request

This seems like a dumb question, but I’m not technical enough to understand the documentation that I’ve been staring at for the last two days.

When users “Log in with Google”… which I have working… how do I get the name attached to their Google Account to put in as their name on their User Account?

I think people may respond saying that I should just give them a box to type in their name. I’m using this with Junior High students at my school and I need to guarantee their names are correctly entered… and not “mR_hUmE_SUX_6_9”.

Hey @justin.hume,

You can use it in reference both in elements and in your workflows. Here’s an example of displaying First and Last Name in a text element.

Oh my goodness how did I miss that?!? Thank you so much.

1 Like

I don’t get “Name” option in my case. Here’s how it looks in my case.

Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 9.35.57 PM

What am I doing wrong?

Are you using the Google plugin by Bubble? What options does it give you before the Oauth section?

I am using this plugin https://bubble.io/plugin/google-oauth-20-with-profile-info-1536920522071x267632583227473920

What do you mean by “options before oauth section”?

I’m not familiar with that plugin. In the above, I’m using the one by Bubble to fetch that info:

I went on hunt of “Google” plugin by Bubble.

Found it, and it does seem to have first, last name information.

Thanks. Not sure how I got that plugin instead of this one first time. Maybe because I was searching for “Oauth” keyword and that one had it, while this one didn’t!

1 Like