[SOLVED] AirCalender HTML in title?

I understand that AirCalender allows for HTML on the event title. I am unable to find anything in the documentation which show how this works and wondered if anyone had any experience with this?

I have switched on the setting here;

html

From from this point on I am lost!

Hi Darren, it is probably best to ask this question on the Zeroqode forum. But probably you can make use of HTML tags to customize the titles. You can test this by adding f.i. the tags to make a text bold (see image below) around the title.

Gerbert
MVP Design

1 Like

Thank you @gerbertdelangen I will ask this question on the Zeroqode forum, thanks for the link.

I don’t know how to add the HTML but here’s my approach;

I’ve added an ID to the inspector as below;

Then I added an HTML element to the page and filled the appearance with the following (hoping that one of the lines may work) but nothing is made bold… If you have any thoughts please let me know!

You just include the html in the event title field in your database…

e.g. if you want the event title to show in italic, set the field in your database to be <i>Event Title</i>

You can also add <br> tags, which I think you were asking about in a previous post…

Thanks mate, I’m almost embarrassed to post this screenshot but all I can think how to include the html in the event title field?

Have you actually got any Events in the database using that default title?.. (or any title that has html content?)…

(although I’m not sure why you’d use a default title? surely you want each event to have it’s own unique title?)

In any case, you can check the AirCalendar demo page to see that it works (check the event I added on 11th December)

My Page (bubbleapps.io)

2 Likes

Thank you again @adamhholmes , your link to the AirCalendar demo triggered the solution for me!

By the way, I didn’t want a default title, I just couldn’t add any dynamic text so left it as a test.

In summary, I have a form and needed to display some of the form results (with line breaks) in the AirCalendar Title.

Thanks to your example I have done it like below:

@adamhholmes Hi mate, I have a follow up issue and wasn’t sure if you might know the answer …

Since switching on HTML I can display the Title but not Event Content. For clarity, here’s the workflow on the ‘Create Event’ button;

If I uncheck the option to expose HTML, the Calendar once again shows both Title and Content, but of course without HTML.

I would like to know if the demo Calendar (Link below) shows both the Title and Content but for some reason when I post something it doesn’t show on the Calendar so I can’t test it. My Page (bubbleapps.io)

You may wonder why I don’t just add the Event Content information into the Event Title as that would show it all in one go. The issue here is that, although it does display the information correctly, when the user edits their post, they see the HTML in the input field, rather than plain text which will confuse them. Also, I only want the Event Content to be editable.

I can’t really answer that, as I don’t have this plugin, so can’t test it for myself…

but it could be a bug with the plugin, so probably best to check with Zeroqode if it’s not working as expected…

I would like to know if the demo Calendar (Link below) shows both the Title and Content but for some reason when I post something it doesn’t show on the Calendar so I can’t test it.

It appears that the demo app has privacy rules applied stopping the Event Content from being seen…

1 Like

Thanks for taking a look, I appreciate it. I will contact the Zeroqode guys to get their feedback.