(SOLVED) Need Help with App's Text Submission workflow

Hello!

I have an app where users can submit text using a RichTextInput (in this case called “Input”), and they are charged credits from their account depending on how long their text is.

• 15 000 characters or under: 1 credit
  • over 15 000 characters: 2 credits

I have this workflow action to prevent users from submitting if they don’t have enough credits on their account, which means that the next step would only be triggered if the user has 0 or more credits left after deducting the charge based on their text’s length.

I tested it, and every other possible scenario works except if the user submits 15k or under (costs 1 credit) and has just 1 credit on their account. This should work since the user has 0 left after submitting, but for some reason, it doesn’t. (if I try submitting over 15k, which costs 2 credits, and have 2 credits on that account, it works.)

I’m new to this system so If you have any idea why or know a better way to do this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there, @Ezipy… to be honest, I don’t remember how those and’s and or’s work when you aren’t using the experimental parentheses feature or the new expression composer. So, you could try splitting the condition into separate custom events or enable one of the aforementioned features and configure the expression using parentheses or TLCs to denote/enforce the order of operations.

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

Mike! Just like that, you are moved on and have forgotten…my goodness :crazy_face:

1 Like

True, but in my defense, I’m old and I can’t remember what I had for lunch today. So, you know, there’s that.

1 Like

Thx, I’ll check those out.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.