I am happy to announce the Subfolder/Subdomain constraint has been theoretically solved. You can find the technical details here.
If you’re interested in making money implementing this, please message me. Looking to hire ASAP. You would be a community hero. We will share results and learnings in this forum thread. To my knowledge, you will be the first to solve this in practice on Bubble.
Interested to see what this looks likes… I had and idea to use Wordpress apis and Bubble api to basically and user generated stuff to Wordpress (all data images content, etc) with a canonical to the Bubble page. This way Google indexes it quickly with all the right element and then gives the credit to the Bubble app.
Sorry for the radio silence on this. I stepped away from bubble and so wasn’t checking the forum.
I did get this working with the help of a freelancer I found on Fiverr. However, he was a bit of a disaster. I requested two things from him:
Install WordPress as a subdirectory of the main app
give me detailed documentation on how exactly he did it
He successfully completed step 1 (so the solution is very possible!) but did not follow up with step 2, despite me chasing him numerous times. So not very impressed with him and don’t really want to give his name out given his unreliability.
For what it’s worth, I had agreed to pay him $200 to complete the install and then $250 for the detailed documentation.
So this is a very achievable goal for someone who’s willing to spend a bit.
PS - the app I had implemented the solution on (nocodebuilds.co) is no longer active so you won’t be able to see it