The issue was a rounding error when calculating a formula.
To solve it, we first changed one variable at a time to find the culprit.
Then we broke the formula apart and tested each part individually. That’s where we found the rounding error when subtracting the current date to a previous date. Despite changing the dates to 00:00:00, there was still a small discrepancy when changing time zones.
Here’s the case: page not loading a “Search for” in some cases. It works great for some people, not for others. It almost seems like the “search for” times out for some people.
How it should look:
Hot it looks to some people
I have NO idea why, and not sure how to debug it because I can’t replicate it. I’ve tried different devices, wifis, had friends try it, to no avail.
What it should do:
- When the page loads, I add data to a group. I search for the fitness routine of day, then load up the image, title and category of that routine in that group.
What are the symptoms:
- For those that it doesn’t load, apparently it wont load in ANY browser and any device. Could it be a wifi thing? Could it be a country thing?
- The odd thing is, for the people that the home page doesn’t load, specific routines DO load!
What I’ve tried so far:
- Tried to add a safeguard that checks once the page is fully loaded, if the group is empty. It if is, I tried to reload the data (This didn’t work.):
Other’s have suggested that it’s a country thing, or an ISP issue.
- Everything is hosted in my Bubble app, including workout videos
- Today’s routine is calculated from a specific “Epoc date” and calculate days since to know which routine index should be shown today. Nothing fancy.
I’m at a loss as to what’s going on here. Would be happy to get a few of you to look inside, see if you can figure it out.
I remain hopeful for the power of the community!