Speed is an issue

goes to bubble home.

https://bubble.io/site/testingdxb/version-test/

one more time :confused:

Thatā€™s a link to the front end, and the drop-down doesnā€™t show any options. I suspect itā€™d database driven and you didnā€™t copy over the data.

really sorry, itā€™s true this example is not meant for front end, I dindā€™t copy the all data indeed. Is just to check the ā€œcodeā€ of the RGs.

this link works for me even from another browser without my account, it should work for anybodyā€¦

Still doesnā€™t work for me. Takes me to bubble.io/home

I think the link has ā€˜&ā€™ as well as ā€˜ampā€™ next to it. Perhaps thatā€™s wrong?

I copy and paste the address in my browser bar. IN the past I always did thatā€¦ why not now?

The address doesnā€™t look right is all Iā€™m saying. I donā€™t know why itā€™s not working for you. Perhaps just paste the link and set it so that I can see the URL (not the image / preview thing thatā€™s going on).

ā€œhttps://bubble.io/page?name=index&id=testingdxb&tab=tabs-1ā€

letā€™s try, just remove the bracketsā€¦

1 Like

This link works.

Your page looks quite straightforward and seemingly about as simple as it can be, given the amount of data youā€™re planning to show.

Primary Takeaways:

• Set the parent RG to display only the first 5 or 10 users (not the full list) then have the others displayed with either pagination, on-scroll, and/or via search.
  • If you really need all of them in one sheet (and this is probably why your page is slow so ask yourself if itā€™s worth the cost) then you could set the first 5 or 10 to load first (i.e., the above the fold portion) and then once those are fully loaded, then load the remainder of them.

first of all, thanks a lot for the time.

I am quite discouraged, since I moved to a solution where I create all the search with a scheduled API (renouncing to live date) and still takes so much time to load just a sequence of c.ca 15x12 items.
Neverthless, if this is the only way I will try.
But in my experience so far using vertical on-scroll with nested RG creates some infinite loop that crashes the pageā€¦

Youā€™re welcome.

Itā€™s odd to me that itā€™d create an infinite loop when using vertical on-scroll. Perhaps thatā€™s the issue as well? You could go through the page with the dubug mode on, and then look through the workflows one at a time to see if thereā€™s any logic that creates circles / infinite loops.

Right now, how long does the page take to load?

still more than 5 minutesā€¦

Wow. Yeah, sounds like something else may be going on. Iā€™d walk through the workflows and see if you find any circular logic. I have a page that has about as much data as you and it takes around 20 seconds to load. I only load 10 items at a time though.

Some ideas ā€¦

Maybe it is slow because it has to go back to the database and do another search for every user/month.

Perhaps you could ā€¦

• Replace the months table with a browser-generated list of numbers 1 to 12. Or search the months table and change it from dynamic to static so that it doesnā€™t get searched again. The dropdown can use this as a source too.

• Have a single search to load all the data, then each nested RG / group does a filter to find its appropriate data.

So itā€™d look like ā€¦
RG Source [visible but not seen by user] search for future 12Ms
RG User search

• RG Month 1 - 12 static list
    • cell can use RG Sourceā€™s data filtered by user, cell index / parent month

Apologies if youā€™ve already tried something like this, I didnā€™t read the entire thread.

thanks,

I tried something like this, but not exactly, so I will re-try.
And also try to use the simple month number instead of the months.

It might be just as fast using a list of 12 dates, so long as the list is there and doesnā€™t need to be searched for each user.

Good luck!

In regards to the Bubble backend, how do you experience DB speed there? For me it can take minutes to load data in the App Data tab even with a limited amount of data. Especially around this time a day it gets very slow. Iā€™m thinking it could be because of US east coast turning on their computers, but that could be a far fetched guess.

This performance has nothing to do with the way i designed my app (to a point of course) so, just wondering how speed is for US based customersā€¦

2 Likes

Right now my app is crazy slow. Also encountered some of these today.

2 Likes

That happens to me too.

Our app can take about 10 minutes to load all the RG data. :cry:

3 Likes

I can definitely say that on the afternoon (here in Germany, so in the morning in US) the app become veery slow. In general the app is slowing down every week more and more, despite all the optimization I am trying to make.
The time I am investing now in trying to make it faster (with little success) is becoming comparable to the time to develop directly in native from a professional.

My two cents here. I understand that that could be many way to improve the access to the DB and optimize the data in a way that make is faster (but stillā€¦). But the concept of bubble is that I donā€™t need to be a professional programmer or data architect.
I am a QA manager with a vision for a webapp to manage company workflows. I see bubble as the perfect tool from my logic workflow to implementation.
If I have to become an expert in optimization of database, then I need to invest time or hire somebody else, therefore we are back to square one.

I hope this is taken as a positive critique, since I am still in love with bubble, but the speed need a HUGE improvement solution within few months, otherwise many of us (from what I read) cannot go to mass market.
I am trying to find a timeline for this famous database improvement but I could not, are we talking about months?weeks? years?

Please give as a glimpse of hope :slight_smile:

1 Like