Speed of screen updates from database

I wasn’t able to access the video, so I don’t have a sense of what’s being shown and how fast/slow it’s loading.

With speed, I just test different things to see what may be affecting it. In your case…

• Your search is simple, so that’s probably not slowing it down (however, read the Bubble documentation about indexing searches that speed them up over time)
  • You don’t have any nested info you are pulling into the results – it’s all from the rent roll datatype. Also no calculated fields. So you’re good there.

One thing I would try is to go into your privacy settings and unclick anything you aren’t showing on that specific page for both the property and the rent roll. It’s an easy test to do, and would indicate whether stuff that you aren’t showing on the page is slowing the load.

There’s also the school of thought that says to avoid the search altogether and have the rent roll as a list within the property field, so that the RG would just be the Property’s Rent Roll. I personally dislike that approach because it goes against good database design principles, and it will make your property datatype records very data heavy. But some people do it in order to pick up a speed gain. You will see active debates on this topic in the link I referenced, and also here: Leaving Bubble for more traditional development?

1 Like