SSH remote command exec from your workflows

A new plugin, useful for orchestrating things outside of Bubble, from Bubble.

I use it to rclone S3-mounted file systems when Bubble uploads a file.

Not everything has a Rest API and those pesky firewalls just get in the way sometimes :slight_smile: and those NAT Gateway charges add up :slight_smile:

https://ssh-plugin.bubbleapps.io/version-test

2 Likes

Hi @lindsay_knowcode,
I hope you are having a great day.
I’m having trouble setting up the plugin “SSH Exec Commands”.I have added all the fields in the plugin settings. The plugin works great when I use the action “ssh run command (passing credentials)” but when I use the action “ssh run command” I get the following error:
Plugin action ssh run command error:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined
    at eval (eval at build_function (/var/task/util/util_harness.js:38:12), :53:30)
    at eval (eval at build_function (/var/task/util/util_harness.js:38:12), :106:8)
    at /var/task/plugin_api_v3.js:250:27
    at run_fn (/var/task/u.js:550:18)

I’m only using the user name and password for the connection settings and not the private key.
Please help me out.
Thank you!

1 Like

Not sure but I’ll have a look in the morning. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Could you screenshot the plugin settings (obfuscate the password etc) but just enough so I can check it is setup correctly.

If you are using a username & password (not a key) then make sure the “server private key” field is blank in the plugin settings tab. The plugin first looks for a key - if anything exists in the “server private key” field - it uses that over the username and password. For example, if there was something in that key field like “Put your private key here …”

I’ve added some error handling in a new version which means we should be able to see some debug. Refresh your editor to pick up the latest plugin version - and then let’s see if the debug field tells us more information.

1 Like

Hey @lindsay_knowcode
Thank you for your quick response.
I just checked my plugin setting this is how it looks.

When I run the action I’m still getting a similar error, this is how it looks:
Screenshot 2023-09-27 011313
I have hidden the command I’m running, I’m using the same command I use with the “ssh run command (passing credentials)” and it works without any error every time.
Let me know if I can provide anymore more information so that you can debug this issue.

1 Like

Refresh your editor and get the latest version. I think I’ve sorted it.

Now also does SFTP get Files and uploads to Bubble.

2 Likes