Stop Sending Automatic Reply to Bug Reports Followed by a Tier 1 support stating they have escalated it to Tier 2

Every Bug report I submit I first receive the automatic message saying Bubble received it, then I get what seems like a manually generated default reply stating

Hello Matt,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry to hear about the issue you’re experiencing with your app. I would like to let you know that our team has received and taken a preliminary look into your concern.

To best assist you, I am escalating your report to our Tier 2 support team. This team works Monday-Friday, 9 AM - 6 PM EST. You will hear back from us as promptly as possible, with an update or any additional questions from our end.

I appreciate your patience here – given the nature of your report, this is truly the best team to get you the most thorough resolution.

I don’t need two emails to notify me I submitted a Bug report.

Bubble should stop sending this multiple messages and just get right to having a Tier 2 support agent reply stating they are going to look into it.

3 Likes

What is the purpose of the Tier 1 support team?

Hello Matt,

Thank you for reaching out about your inquiry on how to delete a Page folder. I would like to let you know that our team has received and taken a preliminary look into your message.

To best assist you, I am escalating your report to our Tier 2 Support team, which works from Monday - Friday, 9AM - 6PM ET. Please note that the majority of our Tier 2 team is away in observance of the July 4th holiday. They’ll be back in full force at 9 AM ET on Wednesday, July 5, and will be in touch as promptly as possible with an update or any additional questions from our end.

I appreciate your patience here – given the nature of your question, this is the best team to get you the most thorough answer. If you have other concerns in the interim please let us know.

Best,

I asked a simple how to do something and this is the second reply, the first was the automated ‘we received your email’

This reply won’t help with your question about Bubble support, but I’ll take a shot in the dark at what happened, and if I am right, they really need to do a better job with their “we’re escalating to Tier 2” responses.

I have never used page folders before, so I created one, and like you, I couldn’t figure out how to delete it. So, I found Bubble’s quick tip video on page folders, and in the video, you can see two places where it looks like you should be able to delete a page folder.

However, I don’t see either one of those trash can icons in my sandbox app, and I’m not sure if there is some sort of magic I need to perform in order to make them show up.

My shot in the dark is that Tier 1 support noticed the same thing, and they are escalating to Tier 2 because a bug was introduced at some point that made the delete icons disappear. If that is the case, they should have made it clear in their response so it doesn’t look like a simple question was blindly/automatically escalated to Tier 2.

Anyway, that’s my guess, but if anyone knows how to get those delete icons to show up, please drop some knowledge because I have a test page folder that I would really like to delete!

1 Like

@mikeloc is the Tier 1 support :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Thanks for that. Hopefully it is just a messaging issue and tier 1 is not simply a human automated response.

So true :slight_smile: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Just got reply from support

Thanks for reaching out regarding this question about modifying page folders added in the Bubble editor. My name is Henry; I’m a Tier 2 team member specializing in Bubble integrations and have had a chance to look into your inquiry

Currently, there is no way to alter or delete page folders beyond employing the undo button in the editor shortly after their creation. If this is a feature you would like to see added to the Bubble editor, you can submit a feature request to the idea board. Our Product and Engineering teams actively monitor this page, and it is a great way to advocate for specific future additions you would like to see on the Bubble platform. I found a post similar to your inquiry, which you may wish to upvote to bring visibility to the issue.

I want to apologize that I could not provide a more immediate solution in this instance and take this opportunity to thank you for using Bubble. If you encounter further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out again at any point; we will be happy to assist you further!

So I had to submit an idea to the idea board for Bubble to fully realize the feature as it should have been during development…seems like most of my Bug reports now a days are responded to with a please post an idea to the idea board, instead of fixes.

If you would like Bubble to fully realize the feature of page folders please upvote the idea on the idea board HERE and maybe by Q4 of 2027 it will be implemented :rofl:

Well, yes, Bubble Tier 2 support, we know there is not currently a way to delete a page folder, but as you can see in the screenshots, there used to be a way. So, what we’ve got here is a regression in functionality, not a feature request, and Bubble should fix the regression. Or, you know, not.

3.5 hours after my reply to their response of add it to the idea board

Hello Matt,

Thanks so much for following up with us, Matt. I’ve conferred with my colleagues on this behavior, and it appears that this may actually be a regression rather than a missing feature.

Greatly appreciate your understanding as our team took a closer look at this behavior. I will be escalating this to our engineering team for further review. We also still appreciate you adding the idea to make the page folder feature fully realized to the ideaboard as the page folder feature is certainly a feature we can make more robust and we appreciate your insights here!

Thank you again for flagging this with our team and I’ll reach back out with any updates or additional questions soon!

Hmm, that sounds familiar. :wink:

1 Like