Strategies for Removing Default Response Headers on Bubble.io Applications

I’ve been working on optimizing my Bubble.io application and noticed that every response from the server includes several default headers, such as X-Bubble-Perf, X-Bubble-Capacity-Used, and X-Bubble-Capacity-Limit. i want to remove or customize these headers for security reasons, to reduce header size, or simply to clean up the response for specific use cases.

I’m reaching out to this knowledgeable community to gather insights, tips, or any guidance on how we can modify or remove these specific response headers. Here are a few questions to kick off our discussion:

1. Is it possible to directly remove or customize these default headers in Bubble.io? If so, how can we do it?
  2. Are there any plugins or third-party tools that allow for more granular control over response headers in Bubble applications?

Thank you for your time and expertise. I’m looking forward to our discussion and learning from your experiences.

Trying to change these headers to improve performance is like trying to bail out the ocean with a teaspoon. Focus on how many elements you have loading, what data sources… don’t waste your time here unless there’s some hyper-niche security requirement from a service you’re integrating with.

1 Like

I am reaching out for guidance regarding a critical security requirement for my application built on Bubble.io. My application integrates with an external service that has strict security policies necessitating certain HTTP headers, specifically X-Bubble-Perf , X-Bubble-Capacity-Used , and X-Bubble-Capacity-Limit , not to be present in the responses from my Bubble.io application.

I agree with the above response you got.

However, since you say you are required to be able to do this…

You could use Node.js or Nginx and make a reverse proxy in front of the app