Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Stripe Connect subscriptions - stuck on this problem

So I’m building a subscription marketplace where multiple sellers have subscriptions available to users, and users can subscribe to multiple sellers. I’m onboarding sellers with Stripe Connect Express, and both the stripe.js and zeroqode stripe plugins. On my platform, sellers create a seller account (this shows up as a connected account on my stripe dashboard) and then make their own plans which users can subscribe to.

The problem is subscribing a user to a Connected seller account. I can’t simply subscribe a user to a plan like normal, when there are multiple sellers apparently Stripe requires cloning saved users as outlined at these links:

https://stripe.com/docs/connect/cloning-saved-payment-methods#storing-customers

I just can’t figure out a good way to implement the seemingly simple solutions above. I was able to figure out a solution, but it seems overly convoluted and overly complicated. It’s weird that I have to create a new customer when on user sign up, a stripe customer account is already created. And then I have to take all these steps with the payment method when the user already has a payment method in the database. I’m posting my solution below. How do I implement the solutions above?

Paging @zeroqode @levon

Hello @ramzizi

Thanks for reaching out! As far as StripeJS subscriptions workflows go, believe you could ask @copilot - Stripe.js - The most powerful payments plugin for Bubble. 💳

For our plugin Subscription action call, please check out documentation - https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/stripe-marketplace-express-plugin#create-a-subscription

Also see our demo page - https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=stripe_extendend_demo&id=zeroqode-demo-19&tab=tabs-2

Basically create a session with subscription to a plan created in Stripe dashboard

Hope this helps :pray:

Kind regards,
Zeroqode Team.

Hi @zeroqode

I’m getting an error “No such price” - even though I know that the seller’s connect account has that price ID. I noticed the subscription you outlined above is not for Stripe Connected accounts. This is what I have set up:

Here is my test Stripe connected account showing that the price ID is there

Hi @ramzizi,

Thanks for additional screenshots. We can clearly see there is a price ID in your dashboard, but could you please showcase whether or not this price ID is being received in this field from your group element?

It would be best to share a screencast of your preview as well, so we can check on it then provide working solutions asap!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @zeroqode,

It does look like the price ID is being sent out to Stripe (I know the price ID from the previous reply is different, that was a different test)

Hi @ramzizi,

Thanks for feedback. Based on the workflow steps, we see you are missing the Go to checkout step which is mandatory because they come together with Create a session.

After you create a session, please use this setup:

You can replicate the workflows from our demo app here.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @zeroqode

Thank you for your continued efforts at helping me to get this resolved. I added this step, and I’m pretty sure my workflow is the same as your test page. I even ran the debugger on your test page and run through it step by step. But I’m still getting an error from “create a session” with the price ID. So the create a session step is not even generating a session ID.

Secondly, is this plugin capable of creating a subscription using a payment method already saved to the user’s database in Bubble? I do not want to redirect to Stripe for payment of the subscription

Thanks

Thanks @ramzizi for feedback.

Please let us investigate then get back to you with another reply on this matter asap!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @ramzizi,

For the Session ID problem, could you please add our [email protected] account to your Settings / Collaboration list. Tell us your app name and page name where it occurs on test, as well as the exact steps to follow to reproduce it.

We’ll check on it within your app and get back with a reply asap.

Note: avoid the message regarding your plan, because we are an agency and you can easily add our account.

You are able to create subscriptions without being redirected to Stripe by using the Create a subscription action. One of the fields you must provide is the Card ID, but if you are looking for payment_method ID, it is not going to work, unfortunately.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team