Stripe.Js 1.8.10 Cannot Create a Custom Seller

Hello @copilot

I’ve recently encountered an error with creating custom sellers that I never encountered before. I’m using the 1.8.10 version. For a variety of reasons, I need to remain on this version a while longer.

The “Stripe.Js - Platform - Create a custom seller” workflow, that I’ve successfully tested and used countless times over the last few years, has suddenly started to return an error “Stripe.js Platform create a custom seller just returned an error (HTTP 400) - Quote ‘You must request one or more of the following capabilities: card_payments, platform_payments’.”

I did not make any changes to these workflows as I’ve spent a lot of time working on other parts of the app. So its not like I broke anything.

I’ve attempted to do some troubleshooting. I stripped down the workflows so that all it does is 1) Create a bank token and 2) Create a custom seller when a bank token is created. I tried to save the bank token to a field in my database. I see that it doesnt create a bank token at all, in fact the filed instead says “No token generated yet”, so I believe the issue breaks there for some reason.

Interestingly enough, I also created a workflow that will show the error message when a stripetoken is not created, however this does not work either, giving the false impression that a token is being generated.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, I need to stay on this version for a while, so I cant just upgrade to the newer versions to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Hey @randreas.

Integrations are two-way binding: platform and service; even if you haven’t changed anything, doesn’t mean the other end of the chain hasn’t. As you may have been able to postulate from Stripe’s response, there are parameters now required by Stripe in order to allow creation of sellers. Since you are opting against upgrading, there’s not much you can do outside of setting up a custom API call to fulfill Stripe’s requirements.

There are rarely good reasons to avoid upgrading integrations, especially ones that are powering your financial architecture and (in most cases) your business. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

The reason I have not upgraded is mostly because every time I’ve tried, about 8 times now, it completely breaks about 70-95 processes within my app (which is expected) and there hasn’t been any clear documentation that properly lays out which of the newer version’s workflows correlate to version 1.8.10’s workflows, making it an incredibly frustrating experience to try and migrate each time. It’s not exactly a 1 to 1 migration.

Also, the last time I tried the upgrade, I realized that some useful features seemed to be missing. For example, I couldnt populate a product’s caption, description, or other useful attributes from my products within Stripe into my app, which is crucial for my app’s checkout experience. This might have been added by now, but these are some of the reasons I have not upgraded.

So basically, my only option is to upgrade or create my own custom API calls?