Stripe.js - The most powerful payments plugin for Bubble. 💳

That’s great to hear, nice work with the plugin!

1 Like

Version 1.3

A much-needed plugin update that comes with support for Payouts, Balances and API updates.

Added

• Retrieve a seller’s balance
  • Set a seller’s payout schedule (+)
  • Create a payout (+)

Improvements

• Type adjustment as per Stripe’s Updates

Removed
None

Documentation for this update is available on the Stripe.js Plus Documentation page.

Upcoming in v1.3.1: support for Stripe TOS acceptance
Upcoming in v1.3.2: support for fees from subscriptions

(+) = Available in Stripe.js Plus

:trophy: Interested in sponsoring support for European payment methods and 3D Secure? Email us!

5 Likes

@iamsalar does Stripe.js support Stripe API version from 2017-02-14?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Great question! I’ve had a few weird errors pop up in the Stripe ever since I upgraded API versions, but payments still process. Would be good to know how we should go about updating Stripe API when Stripe.js Bubble plugin gets an update.

1 Like

Hey @collegefund.me and @philip,

The client-side requests, such as ‘Convert card’, are made using the latest Stripe library available. All of the additional requests, such as ‘Charge a payment’, are made without any API versioning. Stripe lets the developer set the API version right from their dashboard. :slight_smile:

For the future, reach us at plugins@cobubble.com so we can help you directly and keep this post clear.
We’ll be sure to post any necessary updates that users should know about right to this post.

2 Likes

Version 1.4

A larger plugin update that comes with support for Transfers, Subscription Fees and more.

Added

• Create a plan
  • Create a transfer (+)
  • Retrieve a transfer (+)
  • Retrieve a payout (+)
  • Charge payment for transfer (+)

Improvements

• Collect a fee from a seller’s subscription

Removed
None

Documentation for this update is available on the Stripe.js Plus Documentation page.

Upcoming in v1.4.1: support for Stripe TOS acceptance

:punch: Interested in sponsoring support for European payment methods and 3D Secure? Email us!

2 Likes

Nathan - were you able to figure out how to charge a customer for a seller using a customer’s already saved info? I have a customer saved on the platform Stripe account (as opposed to the connected stripe account), and when I try to create a subscription for a seller using that customer’s info it says the customer doesn’t exist.

The stripe documentation seems to suggest you need to tokenize the customer before adding it from the platform account to a connected seller stripe account, but I can’t see how to do that in the Stripe.js plug plugin.

Thanks!
Geoff

1 Like

Hey @geoff.byron,

You mentioned that you tried to ‘create a subscription for a seller using that customer’s info’ which yields a ‘customer doesn’t exist’ message. Bare in mind that any call that denotes an action done for a seller is executed as if the seller made the request. Since the customer exists as a customer on your platform, and not as a customer of the seller, Stripe throws the error saying the customer doesn’t exist altogether.

The solution?: Create a customer for the seller :arrow_right: Create a subscription for seller.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response Salar! The reason I didn’t use that process is because my app is going to have a customer buying from multiple sellers, at various points in time. I believe Stripe calls this “shared customers”. I understood your suggested process would require getting/passing the customer’s payment info each time I wanted them to buy from a new seller.

The stripe documentation (https://stripe.com/docs/connect/shared-customers) suggests you create an account on the main platform, and pass that through to connected sellers as a token. Is that possible via the plugin?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Once you create the customer that has the payment method stored, you’re all set. We’d love to help out, but we don’t offer support on the forum. Give us a shout at plugins@cobubble.com and we can take it from there!

1 Like

Version 1.4.1

A neat plugin update that comes with support for TOS Acceptance and more Charge support.

Added

• Update a seller’s TOS Acceptance (+)
  • Charge payment to customer for transfer (+)

Improvements

• ‘TOS Date’ and ‘TOS IP Address’ for seller update

Removed
None

Upcoming in v1.4.2: support for Refunds
Upcoming in v1.4.3: support for multiple payment methods

:moneybag: Interested in sponsoring support for European payment methods and 3D Secure? Email us!

1 Like

Awesome, thank you for the update!

Any chance the documentation could be updated to include all the functionality? The video is nice, but a suggestion from my experience watching it would be to offer shorter length videos outlining each function.

Re @geoff.byron

This is functionality I would like to have access to. It is indeed possible according to the documentation. Do I need to reach out to you via email to get more info on how to do this?

1 Like

Stripe has a policy about sharing customers outlining the differences between a platform’s Customer and a seller’s Customer. We’re going to push forward with sharing features in Version 1.4.3, due later this week. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you! If I could I’d buy you dinner. :smile:

1 Like

You can always sponsor our time! Sponsorship goes a long way to push features out quicker. :email: us. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Version 1.4.2

A loaded plugin update that comes with support for Refunds, Shared Customers and more.

Added

• Create a refund
  • Create a refund for seller (+)
  • Retrieve a refund (+)
  • Create a customer token (+)
  • Charge payment to platform customer for seller (+)

Improvements

• Interval Count added to ‘Create a plan’
  • Interval Count added to ‘Create a plan for seller’
  • ‘Card Token’ replaced for ‘Source’

Removed
None

Upcoming in v1.4.3: support for multiple payment methods
Upcoming in v1.4.4: support for Invoices and Products

:bulb: Have a feature idea for Stripe.js? Email us!

4 Likes

Yet another killer update. Keep it up.

1 Like

Thanks for adding this guys! Appreciated.

1 Like

Version 1.4.3

A versatile plugin update that comes with support for Cards and Statement Descriptors.

Added

• Create a card (+)
  • Update a card’s address (+)
  • Update a customer’s default card (+)

Improvements

• Statement Descriptor added to all ‘Charge payment’ requests

Removed
None

Upcoming in v1.4.4: support for Invoices and Products
Upcoming in v1.4.5: support for Subscription Coupons and Discounts

:play_or_pause_button: The Stripe.js documentation will be going from a text guide to a video series soon!

5 Likes

###Known Issue
Version 1.4.3

We’ve been made aware of the following error for certain requests: “This Plugin API call is not properly initialized, please contact the plugin author to report the problem.” Though this error is presented as blocking, the request is still made successfully. An investigation has been opened in this matter to find the cause.

A fixing update will be made available as soon as we have one, and will be shared in this thread.

2 Likes