🏗 Structure a suite of interconnecting apps (across sub-domains)

If I wanted to implement the following on Bubble would I have to buy 3 Team plans; 1 for the one apex domain plus 2 for the two subdomains?

More details below

Summary

So what’s going on above is I’d like to separate the concerns / development of an eCommerce site from its administrative panel. The administrative panel would control the state of a third companion app (which could be used by delivery drivers to fulfill orders). The admin panel would communicate with the companion apps using Bubble’s App Connector plugin (illustrated by the arrows with letters A, B, C, and D)

I’d like to white label this suite of apps so that a business could brand it / run it on their apex domain. So if I wanted to maintain my app I think I need to use sub apps which would allow me to push changes from my parent apps to sub-apps.

1. Is it possible to implement my diagrammed app structure on Bubble? Is there a better way?
  2. Is Bubble’s App Connector the recommended tool for sharing data between apps?
  3. Are plugins I buy in the parent apps already paid for in their sub-apps? Or do I need to repurchase / reinstall plugins for every sub-app?
  4. Will my sub apps live in the same data centers so that they’ll be able to share data quickly?
3 Likes

bump - to bring this back up for review…

2 Likes

Any input on this would be appreciated…the sub domain threads are pretty light on community member input…could bubble team speak on it?

2 Likes

These are very good questions, and some I was about to ask.

In addition to the questions outlined by @zelus_pudding (copied below):

1. Is it possible to implement my diagrammed app structure on Bubble? Is there a better way?
  2. Is Bubble’s App Connector the recommended tool for sharing data between apps?
  3. Are plugins I buy in the parent apps already paid for in their sub-apps? Or do I need to repurchase / reinstall plugins for every sub-app?
  4. Will my sub apps live in the same data centers so that they’ll be able to share data quickly?

My additional questions are:

1. What if the apps aren’t all in the same data center and one of the data centers goes down? What error shows, if anything? Including when an app is accessed by the app connector?
  2. If all of the sub apps share a select set of data (or a master database) is it a good practice to store all of the data into a dedicated app just for the data, connected too by each sub-app’s App Connector plugin? The data is constantly being updated and we need a way to push the databases to all of the sub-apps and this seems to be the only way to do this. Then there are the concerns and questions we have with all of this, as outlined above…

I think these questions can only be answered by @emmanuel or @josh - thanks

2 Likes

@JustinC

I believe now the founders are not answering questions on the forum except in threads that they create to announce new features etc.

Now that Bubble is expanding, which is great, they have a lot more support team members who are able to answer these types of questions. Usually sending an email gets a reply in a couple of days and the replies I have received have always been thorough and clear.

I don’t know all the answers to your questions but here is what I understand to be the case.

1. Plugins you buy for the parent are not automatically transferred to sub-app and do in fact need to be repurchased for each sub-app…something to consider if making a app that different business will use as a primary website and you are expecting to create many websites as you would have many businesses.

2. Sub-apps would live in the same data center if you have a dedicated server. Which is around $1000/month…check with bubble for more information though…the cool thing about dedicated server is you get to create and host unlimited number of apps ( data storage willing ).

I think that connecting all apps to one main app that stores all the data is the most efficient way to go as you will have lighter sub-apps and in my non-technical mindset this would mean that you won’t have data redundancy through the apps as why store user data or purchase history on each separate app and the main app.

1 Like