Submitting a form once and only after the user is logged in

I have a simple RSVP form that includes the user name, number of guests, if they are attending or not and some comments.

My goal is to make the form where the user can only submit via the button after they are logged in. This seems to be working, however I am trying to determine how to limit the number of times they can submit information to only one.

Currently I have the logic setup to Create a new RSVP with a conditional that this can only happen after the user is logged in.

Would I create a workflow or another conditional to have the effect that a user can only submit the form once?

Would I create a workflow or another conditional to have the effect that a user can only submit the form once?

Put a condition (on either the button that triggers the workflow, or the workflow itself) so that the workflow will only run if the User has not previously submitted an RSVP for the particular event (do a search of RSPVs to determine that).

Thank you, any idea what the logic looks like on this?

Would it be Search for RSVPs, Created by?

The exact logic depends on several things (such as your database structure, and exactly what you’re trying to do)… but, assuming that’s what you want to constrain the search by, then yes that would be correct.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.