Suggestions from Fans of the new Pricing Structure

Hi all! I wanted to start a thread where people could post ideas on how to make improvements to the new way bubble works. This is not a thread to asks for Bubble to change to a completely different pricing method. That ship has sailed. This thread is for things like, it would be nice to add a “WU” count onto the pie chart.

While I may not agree with the way Bubble has weighted the cost of each “WU.” They seem higher than they should to me. Hopefully between user optimization and Bubble optimization the prices will come closer to reasonable. All that said I like the new structure. My favorite things is that it scales up without having to jump to a much more expensive plan. With that said here are some of the features I would like Bubble to add. Please add any others you think Bubble should add.

1. Add WU count to the chart.

It might be more helpful to see “Work Load” usage like the the server log? Specific times and amounts so as to better optimize.

2. Filter WU data by development or live
It would be helpful to be able to drill down into WU count based on wether it came from development or live data.

3. Break the line chart into smaller chunks
It’s difficult to trial WU saving optimizations when I have to wait an hour to see what it’s WU was. Can we break these down into smaller chunks?

4. WU in Server Logs
Can we add WU count into the server logs so we can closer attribute behavior to WU counts.

1 Like

All they gotta do is 10x the WU units and stop posting obviously misleading info like “workflows cost 0.1 - 0.3 WU”

Basic apps in bubble should be 500+ a month to run in bubble.

3 Likes

That’s what’s getting me… they are so dead set on putting a positive spin on things that they are being deceitful.

Making me lose confidence in leaderships quick.

3 Likes

Different types of plans that target different app use cases: a plan for mainly WU focussed apps, a plan for mainly database apps, a plan mainly external api useage. Each plan would have tiers beneath that, so that people can select the “price” of plan they require.
Plus a basic plan which is an average of a bit of everything. Users could switch their app teir as they need, and change app plan as well (with a fair use policy, to prevent gaming the system).

Bubble is pretty flexible so there will never be a one plan fits all. This is a compromise and puts users more in control of what they need and what they pay for.

There is no way I can continue with my bubble app. The lowest plan of 175k WU will be eaten up quickly in a few hours!

I am developing a new app, and calling a GPT4 request. I did 3 calls and my WU is 500? WTHHH

The most reasonable for the lowest plan is atleasy 600k WU
Then Removing Trial users
and throttle down my paid users

My site front page is using bubble and it is getting shared everywhere the visits alone will it a big chunk of WU

2 Likes

Do not calculate WU for page load.
Does not calculate WU for developer.

1 WU for a complete Workflow action
1 WU for a full database search
1 WU for one VIA API call

7 Likes

I mean bro this is pathetic lol.
“0.1 to 3 WU” LMAO

1 Like

This makes me wonder if there’s an error in the calculations, but it’s been over 24 hours since the announcement and nothing has been addressed so I will assume what we are seeing is the right numbers.

That being said, it makes me wonder if In the future they will be able to say hey, logging in used to be 1 WU but now it’s 3! And for that reason, I’m out.

2 Likes

Yea im not sure, hopefully they address these things. I feel like will cause they are genuinely good people(at least what it seems). Just a very hard time to know if it is worth learning a new platform like Flutterflow or stay and potentially not have to pay 21x what i currently do.

Well based on both of their public statements they’ve done tons of testing, analytics of all the apps on the platform, and consulted with users. If this is true I can’t believe they missed a bug like that.

I feel like they probably analyzed all of the apps, not, I’m saying. Like apps that have one page and one button and shit like that. Apps that people created to just play around with them forgot about. I wonder if they analyzed every bubble app that’s actually catching traffic or every bubble app that’s actually been created.

2 Likes

They analyzed apps on a paid plan, as far as I know. I’m 93% confident there.

3 Likes

Most apps on the paid plan are still not active businesses with active paying users. Very hard to to tell just from looking at the backend if an app is actually active.

It’s also extremely challenging for apps to get paying users. You can’t just assume that every app with some user objects is racking in money. That’s seems to be their assumption.

Really big disconnect between the actual business value (as in profit for companies building on it) Bubble thinks it is driving vs what it is actually driving.

4 Likes

What about internal tools aimed at not making profit, but provide value to the back office operations of a business? I imagine many of those projects are on a paid plan with no intention of ever generating revenue. If they’re consuming a ton of bandwidth and infra costs to Bubble, how would you suggest charging for them? It’s an honest question because I really have no idea what I would do.

Edited to add: I think I look at Bubble like I look at an electricity provider. If the A/C is running, I pay for the electricity regardless if I’m home or not.

4 Likes

They must pay but not 100x market rate. An API call will be one unit but does really not cost 0.10 cents

Yes, but not if the electricity costs more than the whole house lol. You’d find a way to live without the electricity if that was the case.

I agree with you on the specifics of the rate, but I also don’t have any insights into how much that actually costs Bubble. I’m guessing there are some specific reasons they can’t just pass through costs with a markup, but I’m just guessing.

2 Likes

I am 100% certain it was analyzed on just Paid Plans. Was told directly by Emmanuel

1 Like

Simply on each plan, 0 WU below 40% capacity or something close. The problem is to keep the quality (speed) of the service, according to supply and demand, for a given moment.

Could be that they have 100x higher costs than industry average. But in that case I would know where to put my 100 million VC money.