The Ultimate Guide to Bubble Performance - 156 pages of optimizing tips

Great to have everything in one place instead of trying to recall which forum post I saw something in. I always hope to learn two new things from a course or book but if I learn even one it will be worth the $25 suggested price. Thanks for taking the initiative.

3 Likes

@petter Just purchased it, thank you so much for preparing this. It is indeed as @shpak.serhiy puts it, the missing book. I’ve gone only through a few pages and there is a lot of good stuff here. Definitely worth it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words guys! Makes my day to hear that you’re enjoying the book! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve bought a copy, thanks this will certainly help me

1 Like

Aha 156 Pages. Bubble complete reference material and manual are shorter than these books.
Surely, I will grab my copy. I see lots of help after reading your Forum tip on the reusable elements post.

2 Likes

Yeah @vinodbhadala , @petter’s forum post on reusable elements A guide to advanced use of reusables was probably the single most valuable thing I’ve read on the forum. His one on the things he had learnt using Bubble Things I've learned while building complex apps was almost as good. That’s why I had no hesitation buying the book. I’m planning to unplug and spend the weekend reading.

6 Likes

Finished reading – well written and constructed, and also very thoughtful about how to think about speed and accomplishing it! Even though I’ve read a lot already on speed and data structuring, I learned some new things.

2 Likes

Any chance to get the link of this post? :hugs:

1 Like

Great point @Christophe_HK - I have edited my earlier post to include the links.

3 Likes

Many thanks @patricia :+1:t2::pray:t2:

Purchased! Good reading for the break. Was looking forward to this topic as I have exactly this problem / question about performance. I keep on “bumping” my plan and clearly that’s not “it”.
Thank you!

1 Like

Your purchase was successful!

We charged your card and sent a receipt to Xxx

Thnks

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the feedback :slight_smile: I really appreciate it!

I’ve also been eagerly reading private feedback and questions regarding different sections of the book. Haven’t been able to reply to everything, but I will!

Book updates
Based on feedback and questions, I’m going to update some sections of the book. Some of it is simply poor writing, where readers have been confused by how I described it. There are also a few examples of me using an example to illustrate a point that makes sense from a performance perspective, but may affect other parts of your app (such as security) in a negative way. I’d like to correct that to use examples that are “neutral” in terms of affecting other priorities and metrics, or describe it clearly if it there are concerns you should know about.
Finally, there are things where questions and new perspectives about how the Bubble engine handles certain things that I’m looking into to make sure the info in the book is correct and up to date.

I’ll post an update on the website with revisions, so that you don’t have to read the whole thing again. Everyone who purchased the book will receive an email with access to the new revision when available, though I can’t promise exactly when that will be yet.

Pricing
Wanted to give a head’s up that I’m changing the introductory pricing on Monday. I’m not completely sure what it’ll look like yet, but the floor price will be heightened somewhat, so to those who want to get it at the lowest possible price, I recommend doing so now :slight_smile:

Ratings
If you liked the book, you’ll really help me out if you a rate it on Gumroad :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Good work Petter.
I think sometimes we (at least I) don’t share how we solve complex problems because someone else might have a different and potentially better way. So good work adding adjusting sections as new info comes up, hopefully collaboration like this can help us come up with some good standards for advanced Bubbling :metal:

5 Likes

This is great! I’ve started reading it about 70 pages in :blush:!! Definitely planning on changing the way I do certain things with the database, etc.

:star::star::star::star::star:
5 stars so far!

2 Likes

Already bought 4 days ago…very intesting, love the way it reconstructed puzzles in my head after 2 years more bubbling. Tks!

Anwar

2 Likes

Good work - looks excellent

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback guys!

@gf_wolfer
Agreed! The forum has been and continues to be a fantastic source of information and discussion, but it can be difficult to organize and aggregate. I think we all have an interest in developing best practices and solutions that help push the platform forward.

1 Like

Hello @petter, I just bought it now and I read it quickly. It looks nice :wink: Thanks, happy to read it in details and make you a feedback

I tried to buy on Gumroad, but the payment system doesn’t work.
I filled my credit card two times. I hope they didn’t steal my data

1 Like