This is how to fix missed profile images while using Facebook authentication

Hey, dear bubblers!

I know I’m not the only person who faced a very strange and annoying issue with Facebook login plugin when some of the profile images in the apps just missed, so I started to look for the solution.

My only thought that might work was to build a workflow that will update the profile image for the user or all users. After playing around with workflows I’ve found a few solutions:

• Make a button that the user can click and update its profile picture

• Make a button that only you can click and update all user’s profile pictures at once

• Build automation that will run updates

Ok, let me show you how to set up every solution.

:point_right: Make a button that the user can click and update its profile picture
For this solution, you will need to place a button that the user can actually click somewhere in your app. I placed it on the account settings page since users expect profile image settings to be there. On the screenshot below you can see a portion of the account settings UI of my app (It is in Russian, but I think you’ve got the idea) with an «update profile image» button. :point_down:

… And here is the workflow that button is triggering. Pretty straightforward, huh? :point_down:

:point_right: Make a button that ONLY YOU can click and update all user’s profile pictures at once
What if you have 50 or 100 or 1000 users? Right, update profile images by yourself, since you’re the admin! It’s extremely easy to do. You will need a separate page which only you can access (maybe some kind of dashboard) a button and a workflow. :point_down: This workflow just searches for every user of the app and sets the profile picture to it.

:point_right: Build automation that will run updates
You can also make a recurring event that runs every day/week/month or whatever time period you want, and trigger the profile picture update on autopilot. I think it’s the smartest way to handle the issue with missing profile images. For the automation to work we have to enable API and backend workflows and select the “backend workflows” (it’s at the bottom) in the bubble’s page selector. On the backend workflow page click “add an endpoint”, select “new recurring event” and set the fields. In order to work “backend workflow” still needs to be triggered so you either need some element to do so or e.x. run the workflow on a page load (I’m not 100% sure that I did it the right way, so if there is a mistake with the trigger - pls let me know🙂).

That’s it :slightly_smiling_face:
Hope this guide helped you)
p.s. you can use either one or combination or even all of the solutions altogether.

I came up with this exact fix. Tried it but did not work?

Did you manage to get it to work?