Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Tips on building this idea with Bubble

Hello everyone,

I had an idea in mind for a while now. I would like to create a “hub”, a repository of science-backed studies on a specific topic. If you’re familiar with this website, examine.com does exactly what I intend to do on a broader scale.
While examine is not specific to one “niche” but rather gathered studies on specific supplements, I intend to do the same for diabetes and everything related to insulin resistance.

Ideally, the project would contain a Home page with a search bar and illustrations all around, with part of the Homepage linking directly to subcategories like:

studies repository for the tag « Cinnamon »
studies repository for the tag « Metformin »
studies repository for the tag « chromium »
etc.

I imagine I’ll have to create a database regrouping every studies about the subject;

Ideally I’d crawl, scrape the URLs of the major databases publishing studies: Pubmed, SciendeDirect, Google scholar/ncbi, and the likes.
I’m also looking for guidance regarding the best practices here in building this database if any of you have experience in similar projects.

For the other pages of the project, for each of the tag/keywords like those mentioned above, say « Metformin », a guidance regarding the posology as well as a data frame summarising the outcome of each studies performed on Metformin would be enough for starters.
Ideally each rows of the data frames would contain these studies’ output/conclusion, with columns returning information like « limits of the study (done in rats and not in human, for instance) », « notes », etc. This would be enough to begin with.

All in all, I’d like to just build a « MVP » for now, with basic features. Ultimately, advanced data would be attached to these studies and I would take care of this as I have a background in data science/analysis.

I have absolutely no experience with bubble, and was hesitating with webflow to build the project. No code tools are still a farily new thing to me so I’d like to have any guidance, tips to start building this tool with bubble. Or if bubble is even the right tool for this.

Thank you!

Hello @detrazvictor

Great app idea!

You will love Bubble, as it will enable you to build everything described easily (once you become familiar with it of course). And build or pivot based on how your learning grows in different fronts like your value proposition, product-market fit, and how the mvp/app delivers on everything needed to make your endeavor successful.

I recommend that you take the Bubble plunge.

Start with this set of instructional videos and build a super basic app. Focus on learning SCRUD (create, read, update, delete, search).

Thereafter draw inspiration from how an app that lists items works as these have:

Lists of items that when clicked take you to an item individual page where you can display all necessary details about an item

Item details page (self explanatory)

Searching capability

Item creation/updating/deletion capabilities

This is a good set of videos to get you started:

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer. This is very much appreciated. I’ll go through the tutorial you linked later tonight. Definitely, Bubble seems like the ideal platform to build this idea. There are so many alternatives that I’ll have to make a decision at one point and not fall into the analysis paralysis trap.

Thank you again

1 Like

I agreed with you too. It will help students like us to crawl the Bubble website. It will also save our time if they create links from homepages to direct subcategories. I hope they will do this until then I will find reviews for the https://studyclerk.com/write-papers-for-money website because I want to hire an essay writer who can write research papers for money. I trust this service. Nowadays, there are a lot of scams online and I am afraid of them. That is why I always prefer to read reviews online before buying anything.

I’m a bit confused. What exactly do you mean? Could you provide further explanations?