Tracking the share count

Hi,

I am building a news and entertainment app where I will be posting articles and then the user can get to interact with it. One of the ways that the user can interact with the article is by sharing it via social media platfroms like Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp. To achieve this, I am using the “sharebutton” element.

I am currently facing an issue with how to track the share count done by the users. Any idea on how I can go about this?

Thanks.

The easiest way would be to create a field on User that is a number and in the workflow of clicking the share button that fields value gets set to its’ current value + 1. Is “sharebutton” a plugin?

Hi williamtisdale,

I had tried setting that up, but the problem is that the solution only applies once the user clicks on the share button. I am looking to increase the count once the link is actually shared on a social platform.

Yes, the “sharebutton” is a plugin. It is called AddToAny Share Buttons.

You can use tools like Google Analytics to monitor how social shares impact your performance on-site. Below’s an example of what social activity reporting looks like in Sprout Social. Additionally, URL tracking can help you assess the performance of individual post links. but the best site for tracking is spoton tracking courier.