Twilio Video appears zoomed in / low resolution

Has anyone ran into a bug (or perhaps this is intentional) where Twilio video appears like it’s zoomed in?

I don’t know what’s causing it, but sometimes videos load with the full image (as in the full range or resolution of the camera) and sometimes they load as if they only focus on part of the image, as if it is zoomed in, and then the resolution appears low.

Is there a way to change setting / set parameters I can use?

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue. The preview seems correctly sized, but as soon as a room is created and people start joining, the video zooms in and goes full size despite the “Video Chat” element size. Then no one can see anything. Even the display where we used to see our own cam output in a smaller screen at the bottom right of the “Video Chat” element has disappeared.
I don’t know if it is an issue related to Twilio, the plugin, the display or anything else …

@ido1 FYI, I just found out that my issue was related to the fact that I was doing tests with 2 users that had exactly the same name when entering the room. Once I changed one of the users’ name, the behavior of the video went back to normal.