✅ Twilio Whatsapp - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Send and receive WhatsApp messages globally with the Twilio API for WhatsApp to build apps for alerts and notifications, customer support, user verification

Twilio

For more details, demo page, docs etc please visit the plugin page: Twilio WhatsApp Plugin for Bubble | Zeroqode

Please support us with a retweet

Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates

Zeroqode Blocks

Bubble Plugins

Bubble Courses

Convert Web to iOS & Android

No-code Development Services

5 Likes

how do you get the token?

Hey! :slightly_smiling_face:

We have just updated the Twillio Whatsapp demo page. Check it out:
https://zeroqode-demo-18.bubbleapps.io/twilio_whatsapp

Hope it will be useful and more convenient for everyone. :blue_heart: :tada:

@lioktabriansyah,
Sorry for such a super delayed reply :pray: :sweat_smile:

It is the same ID that you use for the plugin configuration, the Username (Account SID) value:

Where and how to get the Account SID please check our documentation:
https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/twillio-api-for-whatsapp

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

2 Likes

Hello Zeroqode team!

Tell me, please, I can to use your plugin and the integration of the Twilio Whatsapp into the Bubble only after I have a verified sender number for the whatsapp (which I confirm through the Facebook business account)? I need to set up sending the generated order from the application to the courier in WhatsApp and I want to use your plugin.

Thank you in advance!

Hello, @marova.alesya
Thanks for your question.

Firstly, you must have an account with Twilio to interact with the API for Whatsapp. Create you development account at: https://www.twilio.com/

o start using the Twilio API for WhatsApp in production, you need to enable your Twilio numbers for WhatsApp. Head over to request Twilio numbers for Whatsapp: WhatsApp Request Access | Twilio

Pricing details can be seen here: WhatsApp Business API with Twilio Pricing | Send messages, alerts and notifications on WhatsApp using WhatsApp Business API with Twilio.

Please check the documentation for the plugin here: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/twillio-api-for-whatsapp

In case of any additional questions will appear- let us know.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

2 Likes

Hello!
Thank you for response!

Can you tell me, please, I can’t use some kind of test whatsapp number for the trial version? I would like to test the functionality of sending messages.
I create a delivery application and need to send the generated order to the chat.

Thank you in advance!

Hello, @marova.alesya
Thanks for your question.

Firstly, you can try our Demo Page in order to see how exactly the plugin works and how the process of sending messages is going on.

You can use the Twilio sandbox during the development period until your number is approved for Whatsapp. You can find more details on setup here.

However, in order to start using the Twilio API for WhatsApp in production, you need to enable your Twilio numbers for WhatsApp. Head over to request Twilio numbers for Whatsapp: WhatsApp Request Access

In case you are meaning the trial version of the plugin, unfortunately, there is no such option for our services. You can subscribe to the plugin and test its performance. In case this plugin will not match your requirements, you can cancel your subscription immediately.

In order to find more information about messaging and Twilio\WhatsApp messaging, please check these links:

https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/twillio-api-for-whatsapp

Hope it will help you.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support team

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport Can you please share time slots that work for you for a quick 15 minutes call?
I have several questions regarding the plugin.

Hello, @aldevelops
Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, our team provides general support only through Forums (Zeroqode\Bubble), email ( support@zeroqode.com), or intercom, and we did not provide support via calls.
In case you have any questions, please describe them here or in any suitable way for you.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hi,

I have read your documentation and done the integration. You reference the templates, at the end, and I have set one up. What I cant see is how you can tell the plugin to send a message with a specific template, like you can in Sendgrid, and also the parameters?

It only has the to, from and body in it.

How do you send a message using a pre-approved template? And if you have buttons, do you have some documentation on the response and reading it?

Thanks

Hi @d.pearce,

We’ve also been in touch on our forum - Twilio for Whatsapp - Using Templates From Bubble - Plugins - Zeroqode Forum. We’re eager to know if you’ve successfully implemented the plugin by now.

Our documentation has been updated to include detailed instructions on sending a template message through the plugin.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us either on the forum or directly via email at support@zeroqode.com.

Best regards :sunflower:

Hi,

The answer is no I am afraid.

I have tried a number of times to simply send through, even a one liner matching a template exactly. Send grid does not pick it up.

The only way I have succeeded is using a different call directly through an API call which specifies the template ID and the replacament fields {{1}} etc as JSON.

this works fine the disadvantage is the outgoing message does not then register with the call back URL, but I guess I can store this myself as I send it out.

It appears that the problem is twillio not doing what they say they will do, which is to match text with the fields replaced automatically to a template.

I am very happy to build this again and do a screen share to demonstrate. As the moment I have a workaround, but this is without using your plugin.

David

David Pearce
d.pearce@me.com

Hi @d.pearce,

Thank you so much for the additional information! We are sorry for any inconvenience this feature might have caused :pray:

Yes, if you could send us a screen recording, we will try our best to get to the bottom of this. Please include the approved message, phone number, how you send the template via your API call and how you tried to send the template with out plugin!

Best regards :hibiscus:

Will do.

Just in my annual SSL witchraft mode on my legacy application on tomcat! so once fixed ill sort.

David Pearce
d.pearce@me.com

Hey @d.pearce,

Thank you, we will be waiting!

Hi @d.pearce,

Thank you for the video!

I’ve forwarded it to our developer, and I’ll keep you updated as soon as we have more information. :pray:

Should you have any additional questions or concerns in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards, :hibiscus:

Hi @d.pearce,

The developers have some additional questions regarding the setup and we would be happy to help you resolve these issues. Would it be possible for you to add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators in your application and provide us with a link to your app?

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, please follow these steps in the Bubble Editor:
Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com.

Please note that you may receive a warning message regarding the plan, but since Zeroqode is on an Agency plan, you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Reply,

Actually I think I have resolved this.

Maybe you are using a legacy system, but Twilio say the only way to do this going forward is to use the templates and API call where you specify the ID of the Template in the call and also send the replacement fields through as a JSON object.

So I think the bottom line is your plugin is depracted, or will be shortly.

Free form messages to whatsapp dont appear to be allowed

It actually appears to make more send to specify the template I guess and do it there way.

David

David Pearce
d.pearce@me.com

Hello @d.pearce,

Could you please direct us to the discussion indicating that sending a template with Twilio currently requires the template ID? Upon review, we haven’t come across this specific detail.

We’ve consulted the documentation and noted that the Content API you referenced is still in beta. Consequently, we believe this might not be the sole method for implementation.

Looking forward to your response!

Best regards, :hibiscus:

Hi @d.pearce,

We are still waiting for the information in order to go further with this behavior. Please send it to us as soon as you have a free moment!